Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWideners
Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frankford Arsenal Rotary Tumbler Drum Doesn't Rotate

Boolit Buddy
    Well it's definitely not too heavy, I've been tumbling 500-700 45ACP cases just fine; as others mentioned probably just need more traction.

Had that same problem with mine last weekend. I didn’t dry the chamber edges that ride on the wheels. Motor. Ran, no go. Had the dry everything out, then it worked fine.I put a smear of dish soap on the gasket to help it seal. Dish soap is slippery.

Sam Sackett

Boolit Master
    Okay, I fingered it out with a little help from y'all (and some other folks). Someone suggested cleaning off the rubber wheels on the base, and the raised ribs on the drum that engage them. I did this first with 91% rubbing alcohol - essentially degreased all the surfaces. A lot of that blow molded plastic crap has residue from mold release agent on it, which can cause various problems. This helped a little, but still no joy. Next, I took a piece of 600 grit sandpaper and scuffed the drive wheels up a bit with the motor running. That eliminated my problem, and the thing is currently running a load of .480 Ruger brass, water, pins, lemishine, and Dawn detergent.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Don't ya just love a happy ending?

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by slim1836 View Post
    Don't ya just love a happy ending?

Slim
    I know I do!
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Mold
    Make sure drum exterior is bone dry, and that the top is not leaking. If the drum exterior is wet, the wheels will just spin. Dry off the drum with a towel, let it air dry for a minute or so, and you should be good to go.

Boolit Mold
    Make sure drum exterior is bone dry

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by XDROB View Post
    My FART worked perfectly from day one. So I'll keep it. I do like the handle on the RCBS one though.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    I bought the smaller FA tumbler, and after figuring out to dry off the drum, had no problems ever since. In fact, bought a second one so I could do two batches at once.

Boolit Buddy
    Ya!! Problem fixed. Enjoy your super bright brass!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold

had same problem just degreased with alcohol and works fine now....

Quote Originally Posted by ranger391xt View Post
    I saw a you tube video where someone put rubber bands on the wheels to prevent them from slipping on the drum.

I found the video. https://youtu.be/MqFNNvbf3yo

Go to about the 4:45 mark where he talks about using the rubber bands as well as the issues with not having the drum full enough.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Just degreased with alcohol. works fine now...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12