Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2WidenersLoad Data
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D Day

Boolit Master

My Dad and his 3 Brothers and one Sister all served. My Dad in the Navy in the Pacific, his youngest Brother was a Corpsman attached to Marine units. His Sister was a WAC driver in England. His oldest Brother in the USAAF in 8th AF. Second oldest in 1st Infantry.
    The 2 oldest didn't come home.

My Mom's little Brother served in the 3rd Infantry division.
    He didn't come home either.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Quote Originally Posted by WRideout View Post
    My uncle Francis Randall was killed shortly after D-Day by a German shell. He is buried in Margraten Cemetery where the Dutch commemorate the American war dead every year. He was the uncle I never knew.

Wayne
    I have the same story. My Uncle Jim was KIA Dec 2nd '44 with the 26th Infantry division 5 miles from the German border near Saarbrucken. He was disinterred from Europe and reposes in the Long Island National Cemetery next to my grandfather, a WWI vet from the Battleship New Hampshire. My Uncle Jack, a veteran of WWII, Korea, and Vietnam, graduate of the USMA class of '46 to the day he died would become almost violently incensed when discussing my grandfather's decision to disinter Jim, separating him from his fallen brothers.

My son's name is James.

I'm a vet. My brother is a vet. My father is a vet. all my Uncles were vets. I lost a cousin in Vietnam 3 weeks before his tour was up. He was awarded a silver star with his purple heart, small consolation to his parents. My other brother and his wife lost a nephew in Kandahar 10 years ago this November.

Dean
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12