Lee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: Flood in the Panhandle

Boolit Master

Flood in the Panhandle

Well we have been dry for a decade very little snow mild winters now we are getting rain, but we have had at our farm 20+" in the last 4 weeks. We have a dry draw down the hill that is now running 175 yds. wide. There is a dam to the west of us that has had no water in it for 40 years now it is threatening to go over the top of the dam. All phyla lakes are full and over flowing and we are under a flood watch till Friday 6/8/23 . Our pasture is flat as a table top has 10" of water on it. That is normal for the Panhandle feast or famine no in between. Now I will be 84 Tuesday and all lived here and this is the most rain I have ever seen in such short time.
    We had a sow drop seven piglets and they all drowned. Our yearly average is 19.5 "
    Frank G.

Windy West Texas, between the rocks, and the trees.
    An old story....

A carpet bagger came out to this area a few years ago. As usual, we were in one of our dry spells. Said carpet observed the dry, dusty landscape and asked a local "you don't get a lot of rain here, do you?" To which the local stated "Oh, we have about 20" a year." The carpet bagger looked around and said "Well, that's not too terribly bad." The local replied "You should be here on that day! Get's kind'a interesting!"

Our local airplane wrench twister has a side job drilling water wells up around Amarillo. He said that last weekend a cell popped up over the area, built up and just STAYED right there. He said it rained buckets for a few hours.

At the present time, we are having some of that, ourselves...
    Rights, and Privileges, are not synonymous. We have the Right to Bear Arms. As soon as the Government mandates firearm registration, and permiting, then that Right becomes a Privilege, and may be taken away at our Master's discretion.

Boolit Master
    We had a taste of that his spring, heavy snow and heavy rain, both cause flooding...

Boolit Master
    Eastern South Dakota here, lots of snow, but no runoff. It was so dry going into Winter that any moisture we recieved just soaked into the ground, never refilled the creeks or the stock dams. I don't think I've ever seen it this dry by the first of June. Wheat crop is a disaster, and corn and beans will suffer significant yield loss if we don't get a big rain soon. The old timers always said we are two weeks from a drought, and two hours from a flood......

Boolit Master
    Well hang in there sorry for your losses. Hope it all works out for you.

And Happy Up and coming birth day.

Prayers sent from Central NYS !