Snyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: Some Ammo You May Have Never Seen and Some Questions

Boolit Mold

Some Ammo You May Have Never Seen and Some Questions

Some more stuff in the load I hauled back from my dad's...

In the first image:
    I'm certainly familiar with 9x18, and I was sad he sold the Walther that they went into!

The plain brown box is .30 Carbine, Lake City, in an old unmarked box... No issue there either.

The one that puzzles me is the beige/white label little box right below the 9x18 Ultra. I think it's Czech, but a lot of Eastern European/Eastern Bloc stuff can look "vintage" even though it's not that old. Is it "vintage"? I wasn't even familiar with the caliber, had to look it up. Hopefully I typed the label correctly, since it's not easy read in the image:

7.62 x 45, 7.61-Kr-52 80/54-bxn, tbpl/Fe, VIII-54, 15 Ks Nctp 0,8x0,3 | 0,8-Kfnma 1/54 - 1,77 g

Also, any guesses as the the three ollllld cartridges on the far left? No markings on them, lead bullets are heavily oxidized. I'm trying to think back if they fit a gun one of us used to have or if he picked them up somewhere.

Edit: It came to me after I posted this... I THINK they are from a Swiss Vetterli I had for a while. Never shot it, but wish I still had it.

Second image:
    The 12 gauge rounds are cool, thought you'd like to see them... And the mid-1900's prices on them. Top row left to right: Winchester proof load; Remington tracer; Tri-Test Bottom row, left to right: "Signal, Distress, 1" Single star Red, M73 Apr. 1945" but heavy corrosion (and not 12 gauge lol); Ducks Unlimited brass shell from 1987, I probably went to the local fundraising dinner with my dad; Herter's 3 3/4-1 1/4-6.

Not stuff you see everyday, I guess.

Oh, and the big stuff up above... 30mm not vintage, but the two bigger ones are 57mm/6 pdr antitank gun training shells (inert).

It's fun going through bins from the past! I had totally forgotten about the shotgun rounds.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1 (3).jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	314737

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image0 (2).jpeg 
Views:	107 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	314738
    Last edited by regdor1999; 06-04-2023 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Describing box in question more; spelling; update

Boolit Buddy
    If the marking on the box is correct, the 7.62X45 cartridges are for a Czech SHE52 rifle. It was kind of their response to the Soviet SKS.

Cool stuff!

If that 30 Carbine ammo is head stamped LC52, be careful because there is chicom counterfeit ammo made with corrosive berdan primers. The ammo came in a box like the one you have.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili View Post
    Cool stuff!

If that 30 Carbine ammo is head stamped LC52, be careful because there is chicom counterfeit ammo made with corrosive berdan primers. The ammo came in a box like the one you have.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
    I'll be damned, Chili, that's exactly what the headstamp is! THANK YOU! I hadn't heard of this before. Will likely just trash it then.

Boolit Buddy
    That LC52 stuff is why I now check the headstamp of every .30 Carbine shell before I size and de-prime. I have 3 of them in a little plastic baggie as a reminder. If I see LC52, out comes the borelight.

Boolit Master
    I have a can full of the 7.62x45. It's for one gun. The Czech CZ52. It was imported long ago and not made by anybody. Super corrosive and lots of hang fires. I loaded a handful made from 220swift just to say I did it.

Boolit Buddy
    Middle Tennessee for now. Want to buy land out west, somewhere cool and dry!
    Quote Originally Posted by regdor1999 View Post
    I'll be damned, Chili, that's exactly what the headstamp is! THANK YOU! I hadn't heard of this before. Will likely just trash it then.
    I’d pull a bullet and check before just tossing it in the trash...

Boolit Master
    I hate to waste anything, yes, before trashing, pull a bullet, save and weight the powder, save the bullet. Look to see if the case is Boxer or Berdan primed. The bullets and powder are certainly useable. It you got a M1 carbine (hard to clean a gas op gun, fired with corrosive ammo), I would not shoot it if it is Berdan primed because it is going to be corrosive but if it is legit LC ammo it will be boxer primed and not corrosive. If you got something else easier to clean like a Ruger Blackhawk in 30 carbine then I would just shoot it and clean it well. I have broken down more ammo than I want to talk about but cheap ammo can be a great source of components.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides