MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad Data
WidenersRepackboxInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: instruction manual search

Boolit Master

instruction manual search

there is/was a company that sold reprints of a "zillion" instruction catalogs. i bought something from them, but don't remember who it is. i bought a rowing machine (used) and would like a manual. it has some adjustments on it that are confusing. any help?

You might be thinking of Cornell Publications, www.cornellpubs.com.
    One of the truly great resources for reprints of antique and obsolete firearms catalogs and publications.

DG

Moderator Emeritus

Some manufacturers have owners manuals online, I just recently got a older Air Fryer and found a manual online.
    Also, Google has many older paper publications digitized and have free access online. If you aren't that good with the search engines, maybe post the specific make and model of your rowing machine, and maybe some kind gentleman will search for you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    the rowing machine that i got (avita) is no l0nger in business. it is a Avita 950sl

Moderator Emeritus

I couldn't locate one for you either. Sorry
    Ron

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    This is a bit off topic but relates to an obsolete manual and an experience I had. My Dad had an old hit and miss gas engine (double flywheel) that that he had on a cement mixer back in the early 1930s. It was stored in a building he owned and when I was a kid, we hauled it out and brought it to the farm shop to eventually restore. It was a project that got put off until the mid 1960s and we finally decided to get to it. The engine had a big brass plate on it that proclaimed it was a "Satley" (SP?) and it was sold by Montgomery Ward Company. I decided to write to Monkey Ward to see if they had a manual, fully expecting to never hear back from them.

Low and behold, about two months later, I got a large and thick envelope from Monkey Ward and inside was a photostatted copy of the manual for the engine along with a nice letter thanking me for my interest and wishing us good luck on restoring the engine. The manual was like a "book of knowledge" on the engine - it was manufactured utilizing a Model T piston and valves - basically designed so that anyone with a mechanical mind could keep it running and repair it if needed. We had a neighbor who had graduated with my Dad from high school in 1927 and he was well versed in hit and miss engines as well as steam engines. He got involved with it as well. I fabricated a new gas tank for it in my shop class and we finally got it completely restored. I sent a photo of it to the gentleman at Monkey Ward who had sent me the manual and letter and in a few weeks, I received a nice letter back from me thanking me for the photo, saying that he had shown the photo to many in the office he worked in in their Corporate Headquarters.

My brother has the engine and manual now - I still am surprised that MW was able to come up with a manual to copy for a product they hadn't sold in decades.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    I couldn't locate one for you either. Sorry
    Ron
    Yeah, me too, I spend about a half hour with google and duckduckgo and others and could only find some 950SL listed for sale. My thought to the OP, is to attempt to contact a few of those people trying to sell the same unit, to see if they have the owners manual, then offer to pay for a photo copied manual shipped out.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001