MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: Reoccurring types of people though life

Reoccurring types of people though life

So was just sitting on the deck taking some pictures and the engineer came up and started chatting to me. Really nice older fella we where just having a general chat sharing some laughs. Well we started talking about life the bible , friends , heath ,food the like and he started saying some stuff that, it's hard to explain but almost word for word it was like he was talking in a few different voices I heard before,for lack of a better word. Didn't literally hear other people's voices but certainly remembered other people saying what he said, hard hitting deja vu.Guess he noticed the look ok my face because he said it seemed like I saw a ghost and I told him it's weird because he's not the first person like him I've had just pop up in my life to tell me the exact same thing. Almost word for word. Told he had the exact same type of personality to. Explained I've had experiences like this MUTIPLE times though my life. And seems it's always the SAME type of people playing the EXACT same roles and I started going down the list. Told him I don't know if it was God ,fate , the universe or whatever but always seems to happen. He just kinda chuckled and said " Yeah, be careful want you ask for because you'll get it even if your not ready " told me to have a good shift and went on about his rounds.
    Y'all ever experienced this type of thing ? Reoccurring types of people?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
    A wise man will try to learn as much from a fool as he will from a master, for all have something to teach- Uncle Iroh
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Run with it, It just might have been your angels to give you conformation. You seem to be a good man, I often wander about Mother Mary as the Holy Ghost. Seams to be just a matter of what you believe in. I believe GOD sent them.
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program

I find that most people are pretty much alike depending upon what groups you are among.

Lately it seems there are more people employed at my workplace that obviously don't have the same basic values and beliefs as myself and most others who have been there for 15 years or more. I'm just glad I don't have much longer to go because many of their values would require mental gymnastics I'm not willing to perform to try to understand so I just steer clear and speak as little as possible.

Some things just aren't worth it and that's a loosing battle right now.

Enjoy and learn from them old folks as much, and while you can.
    Absorb as much of what I call 'geezer wisdom' as possible.
    On down the road,,,, it'll put you way ahead of your peers who didn't.

Also-
    They'll be gone before ya know it, and countless life's lessons, great stories, and experiences will go away with them.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Life and relationships can be strange. I recall reading once that serious, memorable relationships happen for two main reasons. Either they are there for us, or we're there for them. Once the purpose has been fulfilled, perhaps the imparting of knowledge or information important to our/their development we/they move on. It can be as seemingly insignificant as a stranger helping you change a tire in a lonely place, which may encourage you to do the same for someone else, giving important career advice, or providing friendship to someone who is despondent. Thinking back on past years I can think of people I knew who taught me something that I used down the road or which helped form my opinions, and I can think of some I helped with life's problems that faded away once the path smoothed for them. I agree that when such messengers reoccur one should stop, take a deep mental breath, and ask, "What's going on here? Perhaps I need to pay attention." Both the message and the messenger deserve serious consideration, and sometimes the purpose becomes clear with the passage of time. Sometimes it doesn't, and perhaps you're not meant to know; or your knowing is unimportant to the intended goal.

DG

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    Life and relationships can be strange. I recall reading once that serious, memorable relationships happen for two main reasons. Either they are there for us, or we're there for them. Once the purpose has been fulfilled, perhaps the imparting of knowledge or information important to our/their development we/they move on. It can be as seemingly insignificant as a stranger helping you change a tire in a lonely place, which may encourage you to do the same for someone else, giving important career advice, or providing friendship to someone who is despondent. Thinking back on past years I can think of people I knew who taught me something that I used down the road or which helped form my opinions, and I can think of some I helped with life's problems that faded away once the path smoothed for them. I agree that when such messengers reoccur one should stop, take a deep mental breath, and ask, "What's going on here? Perhaps I need to pay attention." Both the message and the messenger deserve serious consideration, and sometimes the purpose becomes clear with the passage of time. Sometimes it doesn't, and perhaps you're not meant to know; or your knowing is unimportant to the intended goal.

DG
    Very good post sir!
    Don Verna

Thank you, Don. I'm sure we've all had the experience, but perhaps didn't realize it.

DG

Moderator Emeritus

DG - .."What's going on here? Perhaps I need to pay attention."...

Was thinking the exact same thing myself. Pay attention Wolf, you are being shown something that you need. Things happen for a reason at times and pay attention to the voice in your head.

Ron

Boolit Master

At first I thought no but in many ways I have had that happen war veterans would be a large part of the group two people were involved in actions that few people would even know of . A Michigan state trooper I had a chat with had done the same at one point talking about an incident (car accident) I may have seen as I was driving by in a completely different part of the state a few years earlier . It was something that to the day haunted him, some times it is best to listen people need to get a good, strange, or bad experience out to someone that will listen .

You mention "not in different voices" I was working across from a new guy we were squeezing rivets in medium duty truck rails and the guy was having a very odd conversation in several voices including one that was definitely female . AT first in the high noise of the work area I thought he was talking to me and I replied and he got very angry said he did not say a word ? Listening without interrupting was the oddest thing I ever hear this guy was having a conversation in completely unlike voices maybe 6 of them as I said one was female.
    I said something to the foreman about it and he said "I could care less he has not squeezed one bad rivet since he started" . A couple days later two men in white coats came in and took him away he had walked away from a mental institute and hired into GM plant I worked at that had a major hiring at the armory across a large lawn from the institute . That was in 1979 those institutions are gone now many of those "crazy"* people are on the street rather then institutionalized.
    * Crazy is not really the correct word they just do not function or cope with things quite the same as most of us.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

I am with super6, I think the big guy upstairs is trying to tell you something. Trying to get you on the right track perhaps.

I know many times in my life when I had gotten myself really good and stuck. People would come along, pick me up, take me home, put me outside of a good meal. Give me a safe place to sleep, and in the morning send me on my way with some help and advice.

A couple of things to remember.

A He was born over 2000 years ago and raise in a culture very different from this one. He does not always understand why some things are imiportant and others are not.

B You he understands, he knows you better than you do, and he knows your heart better than your head.

C You may consider yourself a Christian, but until you agree to serve him, give up your free will and follow, He may not.

He has ways of calling you. For 40 years I was the goat who would not be led. I wanted no shepherd. I wanted no still waters, I loved the wild rushing rivers. No grassy fields for me, it was the wild country or the rocky steeps or nothing.

But he got me in the end. And in the meantime he watched over me, lifted me up when I was bogged down.

If it was me, when you have 10 Minutes free. Sit and admire a sunrise or sunset, or the V of a flock of geese.

Just tell him, Lord I'm confused, but I'm listening!

If you can make your mind as quiet as a lake at dawn. Water like a sheet of glass. As Grandpa would say not a wrinkle on the lake.
    Sometimes you can hear him.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    Good post GhostHawk.

A person that has had good reasons to be thankful can be very good to talk to, they often have observations or experiance worth listening to.

I have known two people that were struck by lightning, literally. Interesting folks to talk to and both have a real respect for getting gone when lightning starts.
    Most forks that have had to overcome a real bad event are well worth listing to.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Master

Ghost Hawk
    "Not a wrinkle on the lake!"
    That will be stored away for future references!
    Thanks

Boolit Master

Excellent post.

Everything happens for a reason. We dont always "see" or understand because not everything we experience is for or directed for ourselves. When it is, you best be paying attention.

God Bless

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master

Wolf, It sounds like your a good listener......keep it up. Much benefit will come your way. Obviously, you been taking it to heart. Those kind of people seem to gravitate to you for a reason.
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Boolit Master

An old timer once told me, there are a limited number of real people in the world and the rest are just bystanders. You keep running into them at unexpected places and times. They come in all ages, and some you meet only once in life, some you meet repeatedly - no matter where you go in the world
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...