Snyders JerkyLoad DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationWidenersReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, June 03

For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, June 03

Good morning all. Being naturally anxious before every decision that I make, this message gives great encouragement. Have a safe and blessed day.

Big Steps: Risk

June 3, 2023 - Dr. David Jeremiah

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory.
    Ephesians 3:20-21

Think about the first person to fly across the Atlantic, ride a rocket to the moon, or go over Niagara Falls in a barrel. They were no doubt nervous, but after assessing the risks, they decided to go for it.

The spiritual life also has risks—opportunities that challenge the status quo, our comfort zone, or the extent of our faith. What Christians have that other risk-takers don’t have is the promise that God is able to do “above all that we ask or think.” Take the apostle Paul, for example, on his second missionary journey into Asia Minor (today’s Turkey). He had no plan to cross the Aegean Sea and enter Europe (Macedonia), but the door opened (see Acts 16:6-10). He had no contacts, no plans, no means—he had nothing except a commission from Christ to take the Gospel to the Gentiles. And faith in the God of “above and beyond” (Ephesians 3:20, CSB).

Paul took a faith-based risk and was blessed. If you see an open door, risk your comfort, and walk through it!

It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs.

Vance Havner
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Amen!

I had the great good fortune to have the last of Dad's farmland that was selling on Contract for Deed pay off.
    Almost 300k dropped into my lap. Most of it is in 14 month CD's getting 4.25%.

And then yesterday my neighbor St Peggy called me. Which was hard for her I could tell.
    She owed the IRS 1000$ had a few other small bills she was behind on. Now she is my age, is bringing in maybe 800$ in SS. But you can't live on that.
    So she is still working assisting seniors with cleaning, shopping, crafts, etc. And her work hours have been getting cut back.

So she was absolutely shocked when I told her she needed over 2000$ to clear everything up and able to breath freely.

And she was trying to talk repaying me 100$ a month.

Peggy, you don't understand. This is not my money. Its the Lords, given as tithe for both current and past income.
    So if you want to pay back you have to repay the Lord, not me.

She was pretty much gobstobbered. I told her I knew a week ago it was going to be almost 3000$. Your letting me off light. You only asked for 2k, so I am throwing in an extra 500$.

At the end she finally broke down a little bit. "Why are you so good to me?"

So I told her the truth. Peggy when the Lord Called me. I asked him what he wanted me to do.

"Take care of St Peggy" If she has problems, fix them. If she needs money give it to her.
    Last year her van needed brake work. It ran 500$ more than she could pay.

So I walked down to her house, gave her 500$ cash. Visited for a minute. Then grabbed my little dog casey and went walking down the alley.

I get about half way home and I hear the Lord speaking words I never thought I would hear.

"Ohh though good and faithful servant. Well DONE William Thomas, well done!"

And I am not ashamed to say I hit my knees in the gravel, crying my eyes out. And yet my soul was at peace. My dog started licking my face "Whats the matter boss?"

I had seen the need, and I had fixed it without waiting to be told. I will never forget the feeling of total love and acceptance I received in that alley.

The screw up kid did not screw up. He got it right. Because he KNEW what the Lord wanted. And just did it. No questions, no hesitation, see the problem fix the problem.

To hear those words I never thought I would hear. Well it was a life changing event.

KNOW what he wants you to do.
    And when the chance comes STRIKE while the iron is hot. You won't be sorry.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Thanks for your testimony Bill. You are always an inspiration. May God bless you and Cindy.
    Last edited by Pine Baron; 06-03-2023 at 09:19 AM.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen, a great message today!