Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2WidenersReloading EverythingLoad Data
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Straight wall pistol brass help. Sized but not always sized?

BTW... if the OP has some loaded cartridges that (now) don't fit into the cylinder,
    he can fix that problem by removing the depriming pin from the sizer -- and gently
    re-sizing them just enough to resolve the bulge/fit the cylinder again.

Once the resizing die is adjusted for one cartridge, that same setting will resolve the rest.

(+1 on making sure the crimp and crimp groove are aligned once crimping starts)

Boolit Master
    A couple of years ago I loaded up 50 rounds of 38 Special with Lee cast SWC's. Most would require a slight push into the chamber of my S&W Model 67-no dash. After firing they were hard to extract. I know that on here it is stressed to not over crimp, but there is a balance needed between too slight a crimp and too much. I had resized the brass all the way. So with the 67 close by, I slowly recrimped the rounds until they'd "plunk" into the chambers. And, there was not further extraction problem either. I had not thought to check on how they chambered before loading them. A slightly increased crimp solved the problem. But I have learned that before I load a batch to try the "plunk" test even though it is normally reserved for semi-autos.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    I've had that problem with doing roll crimps on brass cases that were longer than the others and what the seat/crimp die was set for.
    If you can feel a little bit of bulge on the troublesome case mouths-- that's it.

This thats why I trim all my roll crimped brass any long one will bulge when roll crimped

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12