Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Repackbox

Thread: Small inside cameras needed

Boolit Master

Small inside cameras needed

Son is having problems with his wifes 16 year old kid. They had a trip to Florida, kid is part of a divorce seeing dad got him. Kid was to stay with dad and work. He unlocked a basement escape window and after work told his dad and her dad they were staying with a friend, girl to girl boy to boy. They relocked the window but went out the front door the next morning and son saw them on door bell cam. son now wants to put some small personal cameras in basement, hall ways, stairways, and the kids bedroom door. Need some recommendations on small not noticeable cameras he can put up. He is also checking with alarm systems to see what it will cost to alarm the whole house, about 4000 sq ft. He wants the cameras not with the alarm system.

Boolit Master
    In this day and age I would never have an alarm company out to install anything.

I got a Ring system off Amazon and it works great. You can add as many cameras or sensors as you like. It’s all diy and also cheaper to have it monitored if you decide to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with sukivel. Having someone come in and put in an alarm system is essentially putting the keys to your castle in someone elses hands. Do you know the people they have doing the work? Are they trustworthy? Or ex-con's? It is a situation you have zero control over.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by warren5421 View Post
    Son is having problems with his wifes 16 year old kid. They had a trip to Florida, kid is part of a divorce seeing dad got him. Kid was to stay with dad and work. He unlocked a basement escape window and after work told his dad and her dad they were staying with a friend, girl to girl boy to boy. They relocked the window but went out the front door the next morning and son saw them on door bell cam. son now wants to put some small personal cameras in basement, hall ways, stairways, and the kids bedroom door. Need some recommendations on small not noticeable cameras he can put up. He is also checking with alarm systems to see what it will cost to alarm the whole house, about 4000 sq ft. He wants the cameras not with the alarm system.
    Best wishes to you wih your "family" challenges. I recall a friend -- "white-collar" people -- who actually needed rent a storage locker as their son was taking/selling their good stuff (electronics, jewelry, etc.) for presumed drug money. Whatever the "demon(s)" might be... BEST wishes to all!
    I had two packages "mia" (turned out to be a thieving UPS sub-contractor (who lost his job as a result)) and what got fellow "busted" was my across the street good neighbor's Ring camera. I was soooo pleased with outcome I "had" to have one, and purchase I did. I got an el cheapo model -- about sixty U S dollars off Amazon -- and it is scary to me how clear the pictures are. They are sent to cellular telephone, and I can be many, many miles from home -- and still view, say, the letter carrier deliver my mail.
    Again, I got their least costly battery-operated model. It is small and, well, has worked much better than my expectations for it were.
    geo

Boolit Master
    Because I’m stupid I’m going to try to answer the question you didn’t ask. Probably a waste of time, but I’m having coffee and the wife is still sleeping.

If your son’s, wifes, ex-husband got full custody, why is 16yo male (“kid”) staying at your son’s home?
    How old was kid when your son married kid’s mother?
    Did your son and his wife go to FL and leave a 16yo alone in the house and not expect something inappropriate to happen? Reminds me of the parents on TV after a shooting saying “but he was a good boy…”

At the core it sounds like your son is trying to catch his wife’s 16yo son sneaking around with his girlfriend to have sex, why bother catching them? It reeks of crappy parenting, just sit down and talk to the kid about being careful, the risks, and the futility of lying about it. There is no need for proof before having these conversations. You said that the couple is on video leaving the home in the morning, does your son want video of them going into the bedroom, or then will he need a camera in the room so they can’t deny the actual act?

Doing it at the house was just convenient, they’ve been, and will continue to do it in the car, the park, the garage, a friends house. It’s not good for them, but it’s what they’re doing and more proof including cameras won’t cause them to stop. By the way, the family could be either trailer-park trash or uber wealthy, everyone is having these issues. The number of STDs and pregnancies in expensive private high schools is shocking.

Boolit Master
    As I said kid was to stay at dad's. The kid has a 1/2 brother and a 1/2 sister and a full sister that lives in my son's house so the kid has a room but if my son and his wife are gone he is not allowed to stay in the house. He dose not have a key. As I said he unlocked the basement window. If he is spending the night he must be there before the door is locked (11:30 P.M.). He showed how easy it was to enter the house so my son is putting cameras where it would show someone in the house.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by warren5421 View Post
    As I said kid was to stay at dad's. The kid has a 1/2 brother and a 1/2 sister and a full sister that lives in my son's house so the kid has a room but if my son and his wife are gone he is not allowed to stay in the house. He dose not have a key. As I said he unlocked the basement window. If he is spending the night he must be there before the door is locked (11:30 P.M.). He showed how easy it was to enter the house so my son is putting cameras where it would show someone in the house.
    Sorry, I totally didn’t understand that it was a B&E situation.

Boolit Master
    Wireless security cams, not fees, no cloud storage, vids stored in base unit accessible via your cell phone, alerts sent to your phone (or not) whether you are home or 1000 miles away, 2 way voice communication with camera via your phone, additional cams can be added, etc.
    Check it out, read the reviews and questions:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    No need for "cameras all over the house", only pass thru or destination areas.
    works for me,
    Last edited by Kenstone; 06-03-2023 at 09:19 PM.
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Your son has them on camera leaving in early morning? So what is the problem? Why the need to get more on camera?

If the kid knows what the rules are - where are your son's and D in L's backbones? They can't sit the kid down, confront him and lay the law down? The kid is a minor- but who is running the household - obviously not your son and his wife. Or maybe your son and wife are not on the same page? In which case, there is more issues with them that need to be ironed out.

IF i'm understanding it right, the kid and his girlfriend were together, most likely for sex. So if so, again where are your son and wife when it comes to confronting the kid and laying the law down? And where is the kids father in all of this? Did your son and wife talk with him about it and did he confront the kid and lay the law down to his child that the behavior will not be tolerated? Or is this typical behavior of the kid? Gee . . . another product of a broken home and parent's that can't get their act together? Another question . . . did the other children who live with your son and wife - who had to know the kid was there with girlfriend, tell either you son or his wife about it? If not . . . why not? Or do they set the household rules instead of your son and his wife?

If the kid and his girlfriend are having sex - they are going to continue to do so wherever they can. Which raises another question. Did your son or his wife ever contact the girl's parents and let them know about it and what did they do about their daughter's behavior. What's going to happen if the girl gets pregnant? What is going to happen is that there is going to be another child with two parents who are incapable of being parents and another generation will repeat itself.

Instead of putting up cameras to catch ANY of their kids doing something wrong, it sounds like your son and his wife need to get their act together and get on the same page if they aren't, put their big boy and big girl pants on and be parents - sometimes a little "tough love" goes a long way. Even when it comes to dealing with "grown up kids'.

Yo can not fix that problem with a camera. Two people are going to have to get their big parent panties on and do their job. Kids pushing the boundaries is as old as humanity. The parents are the dam and must hold fast, so in this case the parents can sink or swim. Only thing is, if they sink, the kids go with them.
    Is simple, but hard at times, that parenting thing.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Master
    bedbugbilly & Rapier please read the posts. They do not have custody of the kid and his dad does not care. My son was in Florida with his family thinking the house was locked up and safe. Dad seen nothing wrong with the kid getting in the house, pragnet is the girls problem. The kid’s dad bought him a pickup when he got his drivers license, the state they live in requires only family in the vehicle when the new driver is driving for the first 6 months. The kid has friends in the truck every time I have seen him. His dad said it was ok.

Boolit Master
    Warren5421, are you willing to share what the consequences have been for this young man? He trespassed for purposes of spending the night with his girl and he lied to most of the adults in his life to do it. What have the consequences been? Obviously we only have a slim view into the life of this family, but based on that it doesn’t seem that the kid has any parents.

Your statement that “pragnet is the girls problem” is disturbing, but also illuminating.

Ok, I get it. The kid broke into the house. Just what are the consequences? Did they steal anything? Or just spend the night together? Will your son and dil press ANY charges for B&e? Or any thefts? If not, then why the need of cameras? To try and protect their stuff inside? The child needs consequences of some sort. Eliminate 'his' room in the house. Especially if they have zero custody of him. That way there is Zero reason for him to break in with any excuse. He can come visit while they are there and stay in the new guest room.... otherwise he doesn't belong there. Sounds harsh, but a reality. And in less than 2 years, he's on his own anyway

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Short truth of the situation is that this boy thinks he has run of your son's house and doesn't care about rights and rules, and will continue flouting the standards until something happens to make him think it's not ok to continue as such. Video of him breaking and entering, as well as police involvement, in my opinion, are completely appropriate. Be aware, however, there will likely be blowback from ex husband and others.
    Chicken Little has finally found an audience