Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2RepackboxWideners
Reloading Everything

Thread: Pictures too large to post

Boolit Master

Pictures too large to post

I am reducing the size of my photos as I used to and they are being denied attachment as the little window is saying they are too big to post. This is new to me. Any assistance is appreciated.

Past experience has shown that this problem usually originates with using your cell phone photos. You might search back into the archives a bit, maybe in "Frequently Asked Questions" to see what solutions have been attempted.

DG

Boolit Grand Master

This site has worked well for me.

http://www.shrinkpictures.com
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Heres a link that may help. They have to be less than 250,000 bytes in size.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...loading-photos
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master
    Resizing pix the easy way with a computer with PowerPoint

Transfer the pix and open up the pix on your computer and hit “prnt screen” twice. Open up PowerPoint and paste the screenshot. Use the crop feature to cut away unnecessary stuff or to get the view you want. Right click in the adjusted image a save the image as a .jpg.

There are also tools like snipit and other screenshot tools that will do the same thing.

Most of the newer phone cameras are looking to make high definition photos which means lots of pixels and big files. My old phone had a simple size for email function the new one is not so user friendly.

On my computer I have "JASC Photo Shop". All my pictures are edited there and saved as JPEG's. I have never had a problem with uploads.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Master
    Thanks much, Gentlemen. I'll try these other routes for better photo attachment.

Boolit Master
    If it’s an iPhone you can select the size of the file (KB) before you upload it
    8500' Wet Mountain Valley, Colorado

Boolit Master

Too Big, Even Downsized

Odd thing is I've transferred many photos from my phone to the computer files with this phone and recently I cannot transfer any to this forum unless it is shrunk very small. The past 22LR session photos from the other day were all reduced considerably as downloaded into their respective file. Just tried a test but the frustrating window that says:

'Exceeds your Quota by XXXXX.'

Does this mean that I need to purge photos from past posts to allow new photos to be attached in a normal configuration? I'm a bit at loss for why all my past pictures attached at this size and now none of them will.

You have opened a whole new can of worms! Go to the top right hand corner of the page, where your name is displayed and click on your name. Some choices will drop down including "user CP". Click on that and a sidebar will appear on the left side of the screen offering many choices. Scroll down, and almost to the bottom is "attachments". Click on that and a list of your attachments/photos listed by thread title and date will appear. You can review any of them by clicking on that attachment, and if you wish to delete it to free up storage space you will see a tiny box at the far right of each line. You can check the box(es) you wish to delete, and then at the very bottom of the screen you can click the "delete" window. This will permanently remove the attachments you wish to get rid of and free up space for you. I just checked mine, and it has 549 attachments--almost all photos. If you don't wish to lose any of the attachments you can obtain increased storage space by upgrading your Team Boolits Membership level, as increased storage is one of the benefits.

DG