Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLee PrecisionWideners
Repackbox

Thread: Rhineland barrels and kits

Boolit Master

Rhineland barrels and kits

Anyone have any luck getting one of the Rhineland barrels in 45 acp or the kits themselves?. Everytime I check they are out of stock. This for the lee enfield #4 actions. I'm looking for one of their heavy barrels and kits with the magazine. action left sidewall is cut down and streamlined. Enough to do a angle iron mount with
    a weaver marlin base. Have most of the bits and pieces
    to do the job. Frank

I placed an order for a kit last September. Was billed immediately. Months when by before it was shipped.

When it arrived earlier this year, it wasn't exactly what I ordered. The barrel doesn't have the QPQ finish that was extra and I didn't get spanner wrench I paid for.

Tried emailing multiple times and calling the phone number on my credit card statement. No response...

I've lost interest in the project because of the issues and feel like contacting my credit card company to see if I can actually get what I ordered or even return it...

Boolit Master
    I wanted a 35rem barrel from them, but kept getting told that they would e ready soon, that was over 2 years ago, gave up on that project.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    At least a decade ago I got one of their kits to convert a small ring Mauser to 45acp. I used this to build a carbine on a M38 Turkish action. I noted when I got the kit that the muzzle on the barrel needed some work because there was a machining burr on the crown. I re-crowned the barrel and built the rifle. The weird ejector that they include was all but useless, so I discarded it. Instead I fitted the bolt stop/ejector from a type 99 Arisaka to the Mauser action. The #1 complaint on these kits is that quite often as a cartridge is stripped from the 1911 magazine it will take a nose dive and jam up the action. I solved this problem by casting a feed ramp between the receivers original feed ramp and the front of the magazine using a hard epoxy. That particular rifle has work well, is reasonably accurate, and both quiet and fun to shoot.

Two years ago I ordered a second kit to build a 45acp carbine on an 1895 Chilean action for my younger brother. The barrel was absolute junk, with multiple machining problems. The rifle is jamtastic, and actually hurts the operators hand trying to cycle it. The chamber is terrible, and the muzzle looks like the barrel blank was cut off using a pipe cutter. It is impossible to shoot under a 12" group at 25 to 30 yards. Every part of the kit (except maybe the magazine adapter) is going in the trash can. I've got a 45 acp reamer and a .452" barrel blank. I'll turn a completely new barrel for this rifle on the lathe at home. I might also toss out the magazine adapter if it causes feeding issues. Long story short: I'll probably end up having to make every part to replace the poor quality parts that I got in this last kit. The quality went way down.

All I can say is I've had good luck.
    Mine, 35 Rem on small ring Mauser
    My buddy did the 45acp on an Enfield, works great. And very accurate (both of them) to 100 yds easy.
    But I took a chance, and so did he. We've read the horror stories.

Boolit Master
    Many thanks for your posts about Rhineland. Much appreciated. Frank