Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Repackbox Load Data

Thread: New Mold, lets load....

Boolit Master

New Mold, lets load....

Alright guys,

I just pulled the trigger on one of Mihec's MP356-125-2R molds (.359"). He had the Bevel Base version in a 6cav Brass mold on sale for $68 USD. Came out to about $90 shipped. A heck of a deal for a brass mold!

That said, I'm not even certain what the provenance of this design is, I am just guessing it is a slightly modified clone of the Lee 356-125-2R. But if someone knows it to be different, please let me know. I'm planning on using this one to bulk load for my various 9mm pistols and rifles: AR9 with 4" and 8" barrels (SBR), Ruger PC9 Carbine, S&W M&P, SW9, Keltec PF-9, heck I might even run this one through the Intratec AB-10 since I haven't shot that thing in two decades...

That said, I need to work up a load. I've got what seems like a metric ton of Unique, so I figured I might as well use that. I'm guessing about 5.0gr of Unique @ 1.100" OAL. But I don't have it in hand yet, so that's just a best guess going off the top of my head.

Does anyone have any favorite loads with this one and Unique? Heck, for that matter if you have favorite loads with something other than Unique, please share. I want to hit the ground running with this one when it comes in.
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Master
    Is that bevel base version a clone of the Lyman 356637 devastator?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25CFD771-E179-4BCC-B65D-6769DFCA511C.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	314683

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by justindad View Post
    Is that bevel base version a clone of the Lyman 356637 devastator?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25CFD771-E179-4BCC-B65D-6769DFCA511C.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	314683
    No, it appears to be a copy of the Lee 356-125-2R mold, but with a bevel base and a slightly different nose profile (a little pointier from the pictures). Here is a link to the mold: https://www.mp-molds.com/product/mp-...av-bevel-base/
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Boolit Master
    Bummer. I got book data in the devestator, so I’m wanting a clone. They Lyman 1-holer just isn’t my thing.

If it is indeed a slightly modified copy of the Lee 356-125 mold, I have been using it in my 9mm Para pistols over 4.5 gr of Promo (red dot.) In my Hi Point it works fine seated to the lube groove, but with my FEG P9RC it seems to need a bit deeper seating to avoid feeding troubles.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WRideout View Post
    If it is indeed a slightly modified copy of the Lee 356-125 mold, I have been using it in my 9mm Para pistols over 4.5 gr of Promo (red dot.) In my Hi Point it works fine seated to the lube groove, but with my FEG P9RC it seems to need a bit deeper seating to avoid feeding troubles.

Wayne
    How do you like that Promo load? I use about the same load for 115gr Jacketed as my go-to, but with actual Red Dot. Might be nice to just set the press up and leave it be for Jacketed or Cast….

Most of my shooting nowadays is plinking or steel targets. That load is plenty accurate for me, and functions all my guns without a hitch. If you find the need to seat deeper for one of your guns, you might have to adjust the charge down a few tenths of a grain.

Wayne

Boolit Master
    Most of my shooting nowadays is plinking or steel targets. That load is plenty accurate for me, and functions all my guns without a hitch. If you find the need to seat deeper for one of your guns, you might have to adjust the charge down a few tenths of a grain.

Wayne
    I've found my 9mm pistols will eat anything. My rifles are a different story. They seem to have very short throats. So I generally have to seat most boolits to 1.100" OAL in order to get compatibility between everything. With Red Dot that my powder hopper tends to throw between 4.3-4.4gr. So it's already a little lower, and isn't too spicy.

Boolit Master
    Well, got the mold this evening. Cleaned it up, and heat cycled it a few times in the oven. Then went on to casting a few hundred up.

I ended up with a mold that when casting with 50/50+2% throws pretty round nose boolits weight about 128gr @ 0.3585”

I’d say this is looking good so far…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are very nice looking. Let us know how they shoot.

Wayne

Boolit Master
    Those are very nice looking. Let us know how they shoot.

Wayne
    Will do. I plan on loading some this weekend. Probably be another week or two before I can get to the range though.