RotoMetals2WidenersRepackboxLoad Data
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: BP lube

Boolit Buddy

BP lube

Any of you guys use this lube https://lsstuff.com/store/index.php?...k8bcnr8396kml0

This is a second posting just Incase some of you don’t go into the muzzle loading section

Never heard of it. I use spg and dsl in combination together.

No, the only lubes I use is pre lubed wads/patches. I HAVE just branched out into paper cartridges and have these set up to try, dipped in 95% beeswax and olive oil. Not shot yet.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanJames170 View Post
    IMO, just about any BP compatible lube works as well as any other... note the wide use of dissimilar lube recipes by those that make their own... It's more a function of the quantity of lube vs it's actual makeup... (staying away from wax/petroleum based lubes, of course.
    Griff
    NRA Patron
    SASS Endowment/Life
    CMSA Life

Looks similar to Gato Feo. Probably very similar formula. I'd imagine it works just peachy.

For cartridge I use TBLC lube. For dipping I use my own formula.
    14th VA. CAV.
    N_SSA

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I use rendered lamb fat and bee’s wax, with around 5% lanolin and 5% castor oil. It’s the first thing I tried and it’s always worked for lube and grease cookies. I have a couple of tubes of commercial lube, but have never opened them. Never had the need to..

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    Haven't heard of it. When shooting grease groove bullets I use Bullshops NASA lube.
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    IMO, just about any BP compatible lube works as well as any other... note the wide use of dissimilar lube recipes by those that make their own... It's more a function of the quantity of lube vs it's actual makeup... (staying away from wax/petroleum based lubes, of course.
    agree 100% ..........hundreds of "secret" formulas all about as good as the other

The best lube I ever made and still use it is a mix of Soy wax and Vaseline or other types of wax like Ozokerite Wax and a couple other things for different climates. Vaseline was invented back in around 1870 and was called petroleum jelly and it was used back then also for bullet lube. I started using Vaseline back when I was a kid for round ball patch lube. I just dipped my finger in the jar and smeared it on the patch and I still use it for that it lets me shoot a whole turkey shoot match 25-30 loads with out cleaning the bore and the ball will always seat on the powder with out hanging up. Shooting GG bullets it gets used for that in the lube mix.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJames170 View Post
    Any of you guys use this lube https://lsstuff.com/store/index.php?...k8bcnr8396kml0

This is a second posting just Incase some of you don’t go into the muzzle loading section
    I requested a test sample a few years ago and loaded up some test ammo but I never got around to shooting it. It definitely has alox in it, and it's very sticky. I personally wouldn't want to pan lube with it, not in the house anyways. I should probably dig it back out and load up some fresh ammo and try it.