RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackboxInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: What am I doing wrong?

Boolit Mold

What am I doing wrong?

When I pan lube with white label carnuba blue and use a spent case to cut the bullet out of the lube, I get lube smeared on the bullet all the way up to the nose sometimes. Also, the bottoms of the gas check have a small amount of lube as well.

Maybe I cut them out too soon? Have to clean each bullet to get off all the excess.

Only filled pan to top of grease band

Boolit Master
    When I useto pan lube I would put the pan in the freezer till good and cold... That cut nicely...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by knifemaker3 View Post
    When I pan lube with white label carnuba blue and use a spent case to cut the bullet out of the lube, I get lube smeared on the bullet all the way up to the nose sometimes. Also, the bottoms of the gas check have a small amount of lube as well.

Maybe I cut them out too soon? Have to clean each bullet to get off all the excess.

did you cut the base off your spent case so they can come out the top?

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by BLAHUT View Post
    When I useto pan lube I would put the pan in the freezer till good and cold... That cut nicely...

Quote Originally Posted by indian joe View Post
    did you cut the base off your spent case so they can come out the top?
    No, I did not. Drilled out the primer and cut a brass punch rod to fit. Never seen the base cut off before. I’m assuming that a handle of some sort would then be needed with a matching hole?

Boolit Mold
    I’m thinking I cut them out too quick is why I got the mess. Thankfully it was only 65-70 bullets and didn’t take too long to clean up

Boolit Master
    No, I did not. Drilled out the primer and cut a brass punch rod to fit. Never seen the base cut off before. I’m assuming that a handle of some sort would then be needed with a matching hole?
    yes just use the front part of the case as the cutter - then solder (or glue) that into some tube fits over it - then drill a two size hole through a piece of broom handle size dowell - larger hole part way in to glue your cutter body - then reduced size hole to allow boolits to come out the top

by pushing back out the way they came in with a plunger rod guarantees a mess on the front end of the boolit

Boolit Master
    I’m thinking I cut them out too quick is why I got the mess. Thankfully it was only 65-70 bullets and didn’t take too long to clean up
    its more about your cookie cutter than anything else

Boolit Mold
    Well I’m too busy right now but will be making a new cutter soon. Thanks!