WidenersSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Inline FabricationRepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: First group with the MP .227HP NLG

First group with the MP .227HP NLG

Honestly didn't have time to really set up everything the way I'd prefer nor did I have the best powder but, I really wanted to shoot a few of these after powder coating last night. So random mixed brass , quick resize, powder charge from my 55gr .223 load and just ran a box out in the yard as far as I could because honestly I really don't want to fight the horse flys while trying to shoot 100yd lol. Anyhow. Would have been a 5rd group but the first was like 5" high and I adjusted off of that.
    Gun was my H&R ultra Varmint in .223

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
    A wise man will try to learn as much from a fool as he will from a master, for all have something to teach- Uncle Iroh
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Vendor Sponsor

So this was my new 63g mold? Which pin did you use for casting and did you check the actual weight? Nice looking group!

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

So heat and the horse flies finally died off enough so I could actually go out and send some at the 100yd line. I'll tell ya my brain just didn't wanna work it seems because I kept messing up with my scope adjustments . After the fourth sighter I just said screw it dialed down some and just shot a group real quick. Gotta say im pleasantly surprised

A wise man will try to learn as much from a fool as he will from a master, for all have something to teach- Uncle Iroh
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Boolit Grand Master
    Hitting the POA, is important when hunting, self defense and competition.

When testing loads, groups are what matter. May I suggest firing a five shots before adjusting your sights. You will learn more and, in the end, save time and money.

One caveat. If the group sucks after three shots I do not waste components firing more shots.

Looking forward to seeing how this works out. Seems very promising.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

First group with the MP .227HP NLG

What twist is that gun?

What’s your preferred powder?

I tried this a few years back and decided it wasn’t worth it for ar-15, but I just got a bolt gun and am wanting to revisit it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sukivel View Post
    What twist is that gun?

What’s your preferred powder?

I tried this a few years back and decided it wasn’t worth it for ar-15, but I just got a bolt gun and am wanting to revisit it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think these Ulta Varmints where either a 1-9 twist or a 1-12 twist but not 100% sure in this one. As far as powder accurate 2015 has been what I use. Dirty as all get out at these low velocities but it works and haven't blo n my face off yet Soo lol. I wanna get something nicer like trail boss or unique ( all j every here people using when it comes to cast lol) but haven seen either in stock
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Hitting the POA, is important when hunting, self defense and competition.

When testing loads, groups are what matter. May I suggest firing a five shots before adjusting your sights. You will learn more and, in the end, save time and money.

One caveat. If the group sucks after three shots I do not waste components firing more shots.

Looking forward to seeing how this works out. Seems very promising.
    I know but still, I like to try and get closer to aiming point as possible lol ! And I usually do do a group then adjust but since I only had the 8 rounds I figured I'd just try to adjust point by point
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Quote Originally Posted by Lakehouse2012 View Post
    So this was my new 63g mold? Which pin did you use for casting and did you check the actual weight? Nice looking group!

Have yet to check the actual weight but as far as the pin it only cam with a one set of solid pins and one set of HP pins so I just used the HP. REALLY REALLY hope he added this mold to the regular inventory! Wouldn't mind a larger version in .277 6.5mm or 30cal either
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdog91 View Post
    Have yet to check the actual weight but as far as the pin it only cam with a one set of solid pins and one set of HP pins so I just used the HP. REALLY REALLY hope he added this mold to the regular inventory! Wouldn't mind a larger version in .277 6.5mm or 30cal either
    Would really like to know if he shipped you the 65 or 77g mold...

Quote Originally Posted by Lakehouse2012 View Post
    Would really like to know if he shipped you the 65 or 77g mold...

Supposed to be a 63gr .

MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdog91 View Post
    Supposed to be a 63gr .

Cool! That's the new mold! Will work best on 1:8 and up. Looks like your having great results.

Measure a few and posy actual weights, I haven't had the time to load any up...

Bump for the guys looking for a good .22 cal mold
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021