Load DataLee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2
Wideners

Thread: Follow up on BSA Martini cadet, range time.

Boolit Master

Follow up on BSA Martini cadet, range time.

I slugged the barrel and did a chamber cast, someone had chambered it to .32 Win special an rebored and rifled it as well. That was why the barrel was so pristine. I dug out some 30/30 brass and ran it thru the .32 WS sizer die, then loaded them with some 190 gr sptizers, I had cast for my 32/40. I loaded them with 9.5 grs of Unique and the dropped right in the chamber. I took 4 out and shot them, it was shooting a little right, I adjusted the micro adjustable sights, and got it on at 100 yds. I got 5 more rounds and put 4 out of 5 offhand on a steel clanger 4x6". I have a functioning shootable rifle now. I wont be running factory ammo thru it, i would think that would be too hot for the little rife. Anyone know what pressures they are rated at.

Boolit Master

I have one that was re-chambered to 32 40. It is a great cast shooter. I hope you enjoy yours.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

I have a Cadet in 25/35 and there does not seem to be any pressure issues.

Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ass Wallace View Post
    I have a Cadet in 25/35 and there does not seem to be any pressure issues.

Do you shoot any J words at factory velocities.

Yes 87gn RN
    Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Boolit Master
    Well, I can't say I have ever shot one in 32WS, but I can tell you I have a 1921 Afghan Contract Rifle in my possession that is chambered in .303, So I'd presume that it's more than capable of handling the 42k PSI of the 32WS since the 303 has a pressure of 49k PSI.

That's just my two cents...
    JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Windy West Texas, between the rocks, and the trees.
    Your 303 Martini is a large frame: different breed of cat from the Cadet rifle.
    Rights, and Privileges, are not synonymous. We have the Right to Bear Arms. As soon as the Government mandates firearm registration, and permiting, then that Right becomes a Privilege, and may be taken away at our Master's discretion.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by challenger_i View Post
    Your 303 Martini is a large frame: different breed of cat from the Cadet rifle.
    Good to know. I can't say I know much about the Cadets other than they were originally designed around the 30 Cadet, were used as training rifles and called up for civil service during WWII. Apparently a lot of people also converted these to .357mag/max.

But again, I've never had my hands on one...
    JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

If you ever do lay hands on one and shoot it, you will be hooked!
    357 Mag is a good round, 357 Max is just a tad long to chamber easily. My next Cadet project will
    be in 32-30 Remington (yes, you read that correctly!). Has just enough taper to the case to feed
    good in the Cadet.
    Rights, and Privileges, are not synonymous. We have the Right to Bear Arms. As soon as the Government mandates firearm registration, and permiting, then that Right becomes a Privilege, and may be taken away at our Master's discretion.

Boolit Mold
    Boolit Buddy;Read your post I have a cadet in 32/20.thought about 32/30 I had to settle.Still looking for 32 Ideal reamer.thanks Pete

The joy of the 32-30 Remington is that it uses a .321 pill, and 357 Max brass is only a tiny bit short. Can make it from 222 Rimmed brass, but that stuff is SCARCE!