Load DataLee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWideners
Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something new

Something new

Cindy goes in today for a trial of a spinal stimulator. Hoping to reduce the pain she has been dealing with.

Her spinal cord is in compression at L4. She has been getting random nerve impulses to her thighs which cause the muscles to cramp up.
    Causing all kinds of pain and make it hard to walk.

She did find a surgeon who would like to take out the hardware from her old back surgery and extend it, effectively doubling it.
    But she does not feel like she would survive that one, and if she did, would be unable to bend, twist, etc. Leaving her effectively chair bound or worse.
    I tend to agree with her.

We don't know where this path is leading us, but it does not look so good down the path. Looks like we are headed into the Dismal Swamp.
    And the sun is going down.

Procedure is at 1 this afternoon.

All prayers very much appreciated.

Bill and Cindy Jamison
    Fargo ND
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Prayers for God's grace and mercy for Cindy.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Buddy

Prayers and best wishes from me and mine to you and yours GW

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Baron View Post
    Prayers for God's grace and mercy for Cindy.
    And amen!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master

Praying that the surgery went well and that she will have some relief.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    Cindy goes in today for a trial of a spinal stimulator. Hoping to reduce the pain she has been dealing with.

Her spinal cord is in compression at L4. She has been getting random nerve impulses to her thighs which cause the muscles to cramp up.
    Causing all kinds of pain and make it hard to walk.

She did find a surgeon who would like to take out the hardware from her old back surgery and extend it, effectively doubling it.
    But she does not feel like she would survive that one, and if she did, would be unable to bend, twist, etc. Leaving her effectively chair bound or worse.
    I tend to agree with her.

We don't know where this path is leading us, but it does not look so good down the path. Looks like we are headed into the Dismal Swamp.
    And the sun is going down.

Procedure is at 1 this afternoon.

All prayers very much appreciated.

Bill and Cindy Jamison
    Fargo ND
    MY PRAYS that she turns out so very much better than I did........

Boolit Master
    That was where I had disc damage from the symptoms I had if is rough the pain in the leg is bad and I do a lot of stretching and exercise and stop working after so long. after about 8 hours I stop. Nothing to prove to anyone. I find something easy to do in the evenings.

I wish her all the best and thinking of you both.

Cindy is home, smiling and a bit sore in the back but already dealing with less pain. She will be working with the factory representative this week fine tuning.

Looks like we might have just caught a break.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

That's good news Bill. Praise God for answered prayer. Prayers for Cindy's recovery and successful path forward.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

GhostHawk Happy for you both. Hope Cindy keeps improving. Friend Debbie went through three back surgeries and thankfully she's much improved Almost normal now. Hoping the same for your Cindy. Gp

Bill,
    This is FREE info, so please take it that way.

My Father had the rods put in his back over 20 years ago.
    Initial results were just OK.
    They then added the back stimulator. That had the worst recovery of any of his surgeries. Weird and VERY painful nerve pain all around his back and onto his stomach. It took 6 months of healing before the stimulator surgery proved useful. At best it did help in between pain pills. (After the recovery time)
    He then went in and had the rods removed and longer ones put in.

Somewhere in this process the original back stimulator died and he had it replaced. It now has not worked in over a year. Dad is 89 and has been on narcotics for 20+ years.

I have a Dr that told me only 50% of patients show any improvement with the original rod surgery.
    95% of patients who get the extended rods say their condition is worse.

I’m sorry to bring this bad news. I do not have any suggestions after the initial rods have been put in. My plan is to do ANYTHING to avoid the rod surgery. I have a very low opinion of those surgeons and then the addiction problems due to the pain meds.

Please consult and see what other option are available. Surgeons want to operate. See a pain Dr. That does not prescribe pain meds. They are available.

Good luck, this is a very tough situation.
    BNE
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Boolit Master

May God touch Cindy and those who perform the surgery.

Prayers lifted for your wife and you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woke up this morning at 5:15, Cindy had slept since 8 the night before. This is a GOOD thing.

By 6 AM she was out in the kitchen, washing dishes, and singing! She really only sing's when she is happy. I had not heard her sing for months.
    This morning she was singing like a bird, had a big smile on her face.

And the pain meds are lasting longer, so she is slowly easing off on how many she takes a day.

Biggest issue is the adhesive on the tape they bandaged her with is itching like crazy. She is one of those gals who is sensitive to a lot of things.

BNE all I can say is I am sorry for your father. But thus far Cindy's experience has been good.

She has a doctor who would love to go in, take out the failed rods, loose screws, etc. Extend them down another 4 or 5 vertebrate's.

Cindy, myself, and everyone who knows her says don't do it. We don't think you'd make it or like the results.

Who knows where we go from here, its in the Lord's hands. Thy will be done Lord, on earth as it is in heaven.

Thank you all for the prayers and kind thoughts. I make a point of reading this thread to her after a couple of days.
    Generally makes her cry a little.

God Bless you all!

Love

Bill & Cindy

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.

praise glorious!

Boolit Buddy

Always happy getting good news. Keep it up. GW

Boolit Master

God knows what's best listen to him and keep up the prayers.

That is so good to hear. Praise our Heavenly Father for His daily blessings. After all, all we have is today. One day at a time.
    May God bring His blessings and divine guidance to you and Cindy. In Jesus name . Amen.

Boolit Grand Master
    Great news!!!

Cannot believe I missed this post originally, but I guess my prayers were not needed this time.
    Don Verna

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    Woke up this morning at 5:15, Cindy had slept since 8 the night before. This is a GOOD thing.

By 6 AM she was out in the kitchen, washing dishes, and singing! She really only sing's when she is happy. I had not heard her sing for months.
    This morning she was singing like a bird, had a big smile on her face.

And the pain meds are lasting longer, so she is slowly easing off on how many she takes a day.

Biggest issue is the adhesive on the tape they bandaged her with is itching like crazy. She is one of those gals who is sensitive to a lot of things.

BNE all I can say is I am sorry for your father. But thus far Cindy's experience has been good.

She has a doctor who would love to go in, take out the failed rods, loose screws, etc. Extend them down another 4 or 5 vertebrate's.

Cindy, myself, and everyone who knows her says don't do it. We don't think you'd make it or like the results.

Who knows where we go from here, its in the Lord's hands. Thy will be done Lord, on earth as it is in heaven.

Thank you all for the prayers and kind thoughts. I make a point of reading this thread to her after a couple of days.
    Generally makes her cry a little.

God Bless you all!

Love

Bill & Cindy
    GREAT NEWS!!!! I pray the 'goodness' continues!!!!!
    geo

Cast Boolits Owner

Back pain is no joke. I injured mine early in life but the pain did not begin rearing it’s ugly head until I was in my 40’s. At 59 I am aware that bad posture while sitting, laying or lifting brings on the pain and stretching, exercise, using my brain instead of my back helps keep the pain at bay.

Prayers sent for your continued health and Cindy’s recovery.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast