Load DataRepackboxLee PrecisionReloading Everything
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expansion Industries Primers

Boolit Master

Expansion Industries Primers

I got a run to bring a vehicle back to a customer that had the vehicle serviced and was told that I was going to Texarkana, Texas.
    I have been hoping to swing by Hooks, Texas to take a gander at Expansion Industries.
    Turns out the guy actually lives in Hooks and when I asked him about Expansion Industries he pointed across the highway from his house and said that they were right there!
    All I could see was woods!
    I was hoping for guys with little carts with signs saying “primers for sale “ along the road!
    Very disappointing!

Vendor Sponsor

OMG I started reading your thread thinking, I'll take 1M if you can get em

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by deltaenterprizes View Post
    I got a run to bring a vehicle back to a customer that had the vehicle serviced and was told that I was going to Texarkana, Texas.
    I have been hoping to swing by Hooks, Texas to take a gander at Expansion Industries.
    Turns out the guy actually lives in Hooks and when I asked him about Expansion Industries he pointed across the highway from his house and said that they were right there!
    All I could see was woods!
    I was hoping for guys with little carts with signs saying “primers for sale “ along the road!
    Very disappointing!
    I think that is pie in the sky.

ACC

Boolit Master

Expansion and primers are DOA, at least for now, they have laid off workers and cancelled equipment…
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." the duke

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinakaq View Post
    Expansion and primers are DOA, at least for now, they have laid off workers and cancelled equipment…
    Thanks for the update!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinakaq View Post
    shocked, just shocked i tell ya

wonder how many people got took this time
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master
    Does anyone know if any dirt has been moved, or cement poured, at their location? Or is it all still in the planning and begging for investors stage ? I hoped that something was actually going to happen with the project, and we would see some product in the near future.

Yep, sounds about like several supposed industries back in MS that were going to be BIG. I mean, big back in the 90s. One stole some millions from small county that had $s to waste. And may have added some from the state development dept too. It got hushed up after about a year.... new primer plant is going up in Arkansas, but output is 100% tied to their ammo production plant close by. Fiocchi

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gewehr-Guy View Post
    Does anyone know if any dirt has been moved, or cement poured, at their location? Or is it all still in the planning and begging for investors stage ? I hoped that something was actually going to happen with the project, and we would see some product in the near future.
    My understanding was that they bought an existing facility and were redoing it.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    shocked, just shocked i tell ya

wonder how many people got took this time
    Not me. They got me last time, not again
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Handloader109 View Post
    Yep, sounds about like several supposed industries back in MS that were going to be BIG. I mean, big back in the 90s. One stole some millions from small county that had $s to waste. And may have added some from the state development dept too. It got hushed up after about a year.... new primer plant is going up in Arkansas, but output is 100% tied to their ammo production plant close by. Fiocchi

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    I am bummed, I didn't know this and assumed things would get better for the industry.... guess I shouldn't have expected any different than the auto industry here in Michigan....

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master
    Many of us were skeptical when "the news broke". It was so obvious it was a scam and to top it off, by a firm known for scamming.

IIRC they needed $100 million.

I wonder how much they pocketed?
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

The report that they would be producing primers in 2 months sounded like pie in the sky!

Boolit Buddy
    I was disappointed in them as well. They strung people along for years and years. If there was any actual work being done, it probably would have happened by now. I think Fiocchi will have their primer plant in the US up and running before long.

Boolit Buddy

Yep, they ran a powder scam in Richmond, VA a few years ago. I'm not surprised to hear they didn't keep their promises this time, either, but it is still disappointing for sure.
    Running the ridges and riding the rivers of the Southwest Virginia Appalachians

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Woodtroll View Post
    Yep, they ran a powder scam in Richmond, VA a few years ago. I'm not surprised to hear they didn't keep their promises this time, either, but it is still disappointing for sure.
    Pretty sure their outlet was nearer Lynchburg VA , not Richmond . Sold good powder cheap for a while, then took a lot of pre-paid orders online and disappeared ! I bought many pounds of ETR powder(still using some !) , wish I'd bought more at $15/lb. but got all mine FTF in their storefront . Guy created many different companies in several states with "Expansion" in the names . Certainly expanded his wallet .

Boolit Master

Expansion got new owners a few months ago, at least for the Texas plant, not sure about others.

They are trying to figure things out, let’s see how they land, i still have hope but is far off i do believe for primers…hope i am wrong.
    Last edited by Kevinakaq; 06-12-2023 at 01:47 PM.
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." the duke

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by shooterg View Post
    Pretty sure their outlet was nearer Lynchburg VA , not Richmond . Sold good powder cheap for a while, then took a lot of pre-paid orders online and disappeared ! I bought many pounds of ETR powder(still using some !) , wish I'd bought more at $15/lb. but got all mine FTF in their storefront . Guy created many different companies in several states with "Expansion" in the names . Certainly expanded his wallet .
    Yes, I believe you're right - Lynchburg rather than Richmond. Sorry about that!
    Running the ridges and riding the rivers of the Southwest Virginia Appalachians

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by shooterg View Post
    Yup. I have 8lbs or so of their powder which is CB-1 I think. Tight group data and no problem with it. It was the bait and switch price I was disgusted with
    Last edited by jonp; 05-31-2023 at 09:26 AM.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Expansion Industries is a joke.

Nothing ever materializes from them but hot air and promises.
    In God We Trust

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast