RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan Reloading
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad Data
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Friday, May 26

For Thought and Meditation - Friday, May 26

Good morning all. I have to say, I have been feeling a bit discouraged lately. Have a safe and blessed day.

Start Small
    Hagee Ministries

Let them do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to give, willing to share, storing up for themselves a good foundation for the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.
    1 Timothy 6:18-19

Do you ever get discouraged by the routine of life? After all, most of us haven’t slain a giant, camped out in the belly of a whale, led a million people across a desert, or healed the sick when our shadow fell across them.

Don’t be discouraged! Shepherds, fishermen, tax collectors, farmers — our heroes of the faith were just everyday people leading ordinary lives until God put His finger on them to do extraordinary things.

Too often, we search for the huge moment that will define our faith. What we overlook are the small, seemingly insignificant places where God begins to build the character and characteristics for the plans He has in mind for us.

Jesus reassures us that, if we do something as inconsequential as giving a cup of cold water in His name, there is a reward in that small act (see Matthew 10:42). That is an easy starting point!

When we are filled with the Spirit of God, we are full of power to impact our worlds, our spheres of influence. When we do small things well over a long period of time with great love, they add up to a life of big impact for Jesus.

Blessing:

Heavenly Father, give me the courage to take the first step — to give in Your name, to invite someone to church, to volunteer, to pray with a hurting friend, to do any small thing to bring You glory. Help me be faithful in the small things and remember that, even if I receive no other recognition, You see and are pleased. In Jesus’ name… Amen.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen!

Some things we do aren't even perceived as Doing God's work. Before Betsy and I were married we agreed that all Christians have a ministry, and the primary one is to their own family.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free