Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
WidenersRepackboxInline FabricationLoad Data
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warning!!!

What a crap shoot! I think I will stick to local gun shows. to buy my stuff. I have a venue to sell on GB and it's Locust Fork. It's run by Kasey McKaye and she is as honest as the day is long. If you see a gun on their site, you can ask a question and get a straight answer...and they only charge 10% to list, photograph (good pics) and ship. they mail you a check when it sells. Easy peasy.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master
    I stick with my small dealer period unless I can handle and inspect what I am buying. I get it some things are available on GB you cannot find elsewhere that said I work to hard for my money to get ripped off. Sometime things get worked out sometimes they don’t. I f I buy a gun I person and it doesn’t workout that’s on me.

Boolit Buddy
    GB can be a crap shoot. Sometimes it goes the other way though.

I bought a Model 43 in 22 Hornet for a parts gun. Listed as gunsmith's special or some such and having a badly damaged chamber. Got it and no doubt about it, someone had been digging around with a pocket knife, cork screw or ice pick. Probably a head separation. But it really wasn't bad. I polished it up with Flitz and cleaned it out and looked it over again and it really isn't that bad. I loaded up some new brass and took it out to the range and not only is it good for just over an inch at a hundred yards it chambers and ejects slicker than owl crap and the brass has just a few spider web thin lines on it.

I have been joking about having been dry shaved, having spent my money and still short a receiver I really need. It's actually pretty nice. Really nice.

Years ago I bought a bolt action rifle from someone on another forum. Cleaned it and the rifling fell off, as in chunks of ferrous metal coming out.

Lessons learned.

GB is indeed a crap shoot if you aren't wise about what you're bidding on. You got to know when to fold your hand and let it go.

I watch every auction for gun makes/models I'm interested in, but I bid on maybe 5% of those, and actually buy less than half of those. I can't at the moment remember any standout losers I've bought, but I do have a few winners. Guns I paid half the going rate for, usually because errors in the listing caused others to not see them or understand what they were.
    Cognitive Dissident

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12