Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackboxTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Lee Precision

Thread: Quigley 2023

Boolit Buddy

Quigley 2023

Anyone else going to the Q this year? We will be heading that way in just over 2 weeks. About halfway through loading the 650 rounds of 45-70 ammo to take along. About 50 pounds of lead will be contributed to the Forsyth rifle and pistol club post match lead mining.

Know a couple of regulars, a good time for sure.
    Good shooting.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Master
    I wanted to give it a try but a handful of issues cropped up. Next year for sure.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

It's a great shoot. I been going there since 04 or 05 and missed two because of the covid shut down and one for a broken foot and back, couldn't walk
    It get to be a reunion thing with good friends you make there. It must be when folks fly over from over seas and just about every State in this Country.

So let's hear about the Quigley! How was it this year? Who were the winners? Any news.... thanks

Boolit Buddy
    Just got back from MT yesterday. Had a great time at the Q and feel I did pretty well for my first time there. There were over 600 competitors, not sure how many were shooting leverguns but the single shots were predominate. Didn't win and did not expect to. Don't know the name of the match champion, had a hard time hearing. Bill Clendenen won the levergun as he has a number of times and I believe I was 2nd, final scores haven't been posted on the website yet. Did manage a straight eight on one target and I am pretty proud of that as there were not a huge number of straights, hit 7 of 8 on another target too. Winds were challenging and seemed to blow from a different direction and speed every day along with the effects of the topography, definitely a learning curve doping the wind. Plan to go next year.