MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
WidenersSnyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading Everything
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: Gotta get back in reloading room

Boolit Master

Gotta get back in reloading room

Between me and my two boys, after yesterday. ... We are slap out of 38 Button Nose Wadcutters, over 3.7 gr Bullseye, (Taurus M85, Contender 357 Max, Contender 357mag).... 38 158 SWC, over 4.2 gr Trail Boss (Taurus M85),... 357 158 SWC, over 7.4 gr of Unique (Contenders)..... 357 158GC SWC, over 14.0 gr H110 (Contenders)... 45ACP, 200 CSWC, over 7.0 gr of AA#7 (out of the 45 Win Mag Contender bbl.).... 222 45 GCFP, over 20.0 gr W748 (Contender)..... 7tcu 130 GCRN, over 15.0 gr H110(Contender)... All from Lee Molds! and finally 410 reformed from 303 British, 1/2OZ #7-1/2, over 14.0 Gr H110(Contender and Fox Stevens SxS)...

Gonna be awhile replenishing our supply.... But we sure had a Blast!!!!!

Just wanted to share!!! Or Brag!!!!

That’s why you “unload” brass- so you can “reload” brass!
    I’ll bet that it was fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Never leave the range without at least SOME ammo. You might need some to get home.

Looks like y'all had fun though.

But I have to ask why in the world are you shooting a mouse fart load (38 button nose wadcutters over 3.7 grns Bullseye) in a .357 Maximum? I know you CAN do it,, but I wonder why?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by contender1 View Post
    Never leave the range without at least SOME ammo. You might need some to get home.

Looks like y'all had fun though.

But I have to ask why in the world are you shooting a mouse fart load (38 button nose wadcutters over 3.7 grns Bullseye) in a .357 Maximum? I know you CAN do it,, but I wonder why?
    That Target 38 in the Maximum was an experiment.. had accuracy concerns... like people on the interweb claiming ya cant do 45ACP in a 45 Win Mag contender!!!
    Turns out the 45 Win Mag barrel Never misses with our particular Loads of 45ACP... and... Both the 357 Mag and 357 Max Barrels gobble up 38 wadcutters...and just Don't Miss.. Don't beat ya up either... Cant tell difference in Handling characteristics of a Contender in 38 spl nor 357 Max... so, Why Not??

Note... Our Range is in the Back Yard... so long as we don't get too far from the Gun Room....we ain't likely to be Out of Ammo!!!! You do Make a Good point tho!!!

Mouse fart loads are too much fun not to do!

Favorite is Lyman 457122 over 4.4 grains of clays in a 45-70. @ 200 yards you aim about 14 feet high to ring a dinger. Right about the time you decide you missed, you get a nice clang.

And yes, the hollow point is extraneous and you check every shot to make sure the boolit cleared the barrel.
    Last edited by 15meter; 05-23-2023 at 08:23 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

I've loaded mouse fart loads in Maxi cases because I didn't want to chance the shorter case eroding the chamber. I learned my lesson shooting 38 Specials out of my 586 magnum.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stubshaft View Post
    I've loaded mouse fart loads in Maxi cases because I didn't want to chance the shorter case eroding the chamber. I learned my lesson shooting 38 Specials out of my 586 magnum.
    I hear about erosion Alot... Can't see low intensity rounds doing damage!!! None in Any of my 357's. And they Old...
    Edit; Carbon however can sometimes build up... Not really difficult to eliminate.. A slightly belled 357 case, sometimes I may even use something like the Slix... heard tell BP losdings will remove carbon also...IDK that
    Last edited by racepres; 05-23-2023 at 08:21 AM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by contender1 View Post
    But what if you die in an accident on the way home?

I intend to leave to leave this earth with no unfired ammo!

Boolit Master

It is great to have a hobby where getting ready for it is just as much fun as doing it.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by Jtarm View Post
    But what if you die in an accident on the way home?

I intend to leave to leave this earth with no unfired ammo!
    But what if there's a Zombie uprising on the drive home?

And the wife and daughter will just open my shed to the shootin' buddies when I'm gone, the ammo won't go to waste, and the buddies will turn it into a shooting party, it's all good.