MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingWidenersReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watched a good movie

Watched a good movie

It is called Land. Low budget indi film but very well done. If you liked the part of Jeremiah Johnson where Bear Claw mentored Johnson you will like Land. It is on Amazon Prime through Freevee.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

''Cast A Giant Shadow'' staring Kirk Douglas was the last really good movie I watched, free on you-tube. I don't remember seeing it before, U.S. Army Col. (Kirk Douglas) helps found the nation of Israel and becomes their first general.
    Liberalism is a cult divorced from reality.

Boolit Master

We just watched
    INTERSTELLAR

VERY impressed...

https://youtu.be/j3DuONZb3Ik
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Grand Master

Watched one of the worst movies I've ever seen ... I can't believe it was filmed .

Ray Milland is a brilliant brain surgeon but gets Cancer .
    Rosey Grier ( the football player) has donated his body to science .
    So they cut off ray's head and transplant it onto Rosey's body right next to rosey's head ...
    This senerio gives us the unforgettable 1972 movie ... " The Thing With Two Head's " WOW !

You got to see this movie to believe it ... it is amazingly bad with a police car chase scene ...
    Think Rosey-Ray and another guy on a small dirt bike zooming all over forest and feilds while about 30 police cars wreck and run into each other (Blues Brothers car scene) ... then they ride off into the subset and escape to Rosey's girl friends house ...
    This has got to be one of the best Bad movies ever filmed ... it was a hoot to watch .

I found out Rosey Grier's real first name was ... Roosevelt ... always wondered why he called himself Rosey ... bet he wasn't teased much at school with that name ... I sure wouldn't tease Rosey Grier about anything ...he is quite a big fellow .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

So many terrible movies out it is hard to find anything worth watching I will keep my eye out for "land " when I go online with RUKO.

I honestly do not recall a recent movie I would recommend ? Just last night I went though the lists on three services for over an hour and could not find a movie to watch , ended up watching first three of a series called "Black Files" not sure if I like it yet as he seems to get some things wrong . ( I may have the name slightly wrong.)

Someone mentioned "Interstellar " the movie really disappointed me in so many ways it was a greenie weenie dream come true was totally delusional as far as facts go . Just one instance was how they thought Nitrogen was a poison in our air and was killing the earth . Nitrogen is a much needed shield to dangerous particles from the sun ! That radiation hits nitrogen in the upper atmosphere turning it to Carbon -14 every day this is how we can carbon date items and how we have more carbon then before here on earth. ...end of hollyweird ignorance rant!
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Master

Sitting here, recouping from knee surgery...

Get your popcorn, have a seat, turn on YouTube and watch (free):

Master and Commander (2003) with Russel Crow.
    Zulu (1964) with Michael Caine
    Enemy at the Gates (2001) with Ed Harris

Avoid (like the Plague):
    The Last Warrior
    Up at the Villa
    The New World
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Buddy
    Tried to watch "Land" but couldn't get past the outhouse scene, Who builds an outhouse that far away in snow country?
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trebor44 View Post
    Tried to watch "Land" but couldn't get past the outhouse scene, Who builds an outhouse that far away in snow country?
    Someone with an enhanced sense of smell???
    R.D.M.

Very little hit's the big screen these day's I care to leave the house for. Stands to reason though, most of the stars I grew up watching have passed away. Once in a blue moon something will hit the local movie cinema I'll risk the price of admission for. I've 'aged out' of the targeted group of people movies are made for these days.

Being in rural Oklahoma, we don't get a lot of choices. One or two cable networks, a couple of satellite dish networks, streaming, or Youtube. Once in a while I'll find something on Youtube and watch a movie, or documentary. I've honestly never looked into the streaming thing. I do know a number of friends who start out with one satellite network, only to change over to the other one within a year to 18 months.

Between all of that and the cancel culture, it's getting harder to find anything worth the time to watch. The wife walked in and I was watching Looney Tune's a few months back. I told her it was the best thing I could find at the time given the other choices.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcocker View Post
    It is called Land. Low budget indi film but very well done. If you liked the part of Jeremiah Johnson where Bear Claw mentored Johnson you will like Land. It is on Amazon Prime through Freevee.
    I watched this last night. Great flick. Thanks for suggesting it.

Boolit Master

A couple months ago a friend suggested I would like the movie "Violent Night" Last night I saw it listed on Amazon it was worth watching even my wife liked it which was a bit of a surprise.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Master

The older I get the more I appreciate the old movies and the less I care for any of the new ones.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master

^^^ In that case, find and watch the comedy "How to Murder Your Wife" with Jack Lemmon and Virna Lisi ^^^
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for the heads up on Land. I watched it yesterday morning at the suggestion here. Worth watching. Thanks.

I just did a search for Land...and about 8 movies with that title came up. I'm assuming its the 2021 movie staring Robin Wright? The movie takes place in the Rockies?

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk0 View Post
    I just did a search for Land...and about 8 movies with that title came up. I'm assuming its the 2021 movie staring Robin Wright? The movie takes place in the Rockies?

redhawk
    Yes Sir.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Appreciated.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcocker View Post
    @thumbcocker
    Thanks for the heads-up on this movie. Watched it and really enjoyed it. It was very deep in thought and identifiable for anyone who’s spent time in the woods. THANKS YOU SIR!

Boolit Master
    Go see "Sisu", plot end of WW2 Finland miner finds a massive amount of gold. Trying to get to town he's intercepted by fleeing Nazis who decide they want his gold. Miner males John Wick look like an amateur.

Boolit Master
    I will look for it. Best fairly recent movie I've watched on ROKU was Wind River. "Wind River is a 2017 neo-Western crime film written and directed by Taylor Sheridan. The film stars Jeremy Renner and Elizabeth Olsen as a U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service tracker and an FBI agent, respectively, who try to solve a murder on the Wind River Indian Reservation in Wyoming." I just about had a runaway when he was shown carrying what appeared to be a stainlee Ruger NM Blackhawk, and a Marlin Guide Gun. Someone knew what they were doing in that movie. Not terribly recent but it's a good'un.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast