Reloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Monday, May 22

For Thought and Meditation - Monday, May 22

Good morning all. Making and taking time to pray, is a great reminder for all of us. Have a safe and blessed day.

What Prayer Is . . . and What It Is Not
    by Greg Laurie on May 22, 2023

Never stop praying.
    —1 Thessalonians 5:17

One of the most important practices of the Christian life is prayer. It’s as essential to knowing God and growing spiritually as breathing is to living.

Prayer isn’t something that we offer to some force out there. Nor is it some type of energy that can heal us in and of itself. Rather, prayer is the means of communication whereby we hear from and speak to God Almighty.

That’s why it’s important to understand what prayer is and what it is not.

Some would assert, even within the church, that we can speak things into existence through prayer. For instance, teachers of the Faith Movement advocate that you can pray and speak things into existence because they claim you are a little god. They say you can speak and it will happen, but you must speak by faith. And if you don’t, it won’t happen.

It is wrong to believe that we can order God around as though He were a celestial butler. It is also wrong to think that we cannot bring a specific request before God because He is merely a force.

Prayer is communicating with and hearing from God. True prayer is aligning our wills with the will of God and praying accordingly. We want to keep the lines open to Heaven to both speak to God and hear from Him.

Yet many of us are reluctant to pray. We don’t really know how to pray, and we’re embarrassed about praying.

However, prayer is something that we all need to be doing. In fact, it’s something the Bible commands us to do. First Thessalonians 5:17 tells us, “Never stop praying” (NLT).

Prayer is not an option in the Christian’s life. It’s both a privilege and an adventure. And it’s something that we need to keep learning about for the rest of our lives.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master
    Amen, good message.

Moderator Emeritus

What a great way to start off Monday....prayer!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Amen!

Boolit Grand Master

To me 'never stop praying' means simply keeping an open line of communication between me and God at all times. I often fail at this, but it remains my goal.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!