RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWidenersLoad Data
Titan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: Need info on factory ammo

Boolit Mold

Need info on factory ammo

I need an opinion on the following ammo that I want to buy so I can reload the brass when done shooting the factory stuff.

The first one is 9mm Blazer Remanufactured ammo with aluminum cases. Will those aluminum cases hold up well for reloading?

The second one is: 9mm PMC ammo in "Bronze cases". will this stuff be any good for reloading?

I can get the ammo for a pretty good price; not great; but pretty good. I am not familiar with either brand; so please give me your opinions.

Thanks
    Ken
    "SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES"

Smile

The Blazer aluminum cases are deliberately made so as not to be practically reloadable. Don't know about "bronze" cases, hadn't heard of those.
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsman1st View Post
    I need an opinion on the following ammo that I want to buy so I can reload the brass when done shooting the factory stuff.

The first one is 9mm Blazer Remanufactured ammo with aluminum cases. Will those aluminum cases hold up well for reloading?

The second one is: 9mm PMC ammo in "Bronze cases". will this stuff be any good for reloading?

I can get the ammo for a pretty good price; not great; but pretty good. I am not familiar with either brand; so please give me your opinions.

Thanks
    Ken
    I suppose you could reload the Blazer cases, but being berdan primed and aluminum, they'd be a royal PIA. CCI chose aluminum and berdan priming to make the Blazer line difficult and impractical to reload and to keep prices low to attract buyers who wanted to shoot more without either handloading or breaking the bank. Blazer is not remanufactured. I've never heard of Bronze being used for cartridge cases, either.

The least expensive way to handload 9mm would be to buy once fired brass when it's on special from Midsouth Shooter's. MudwayUSA, or Graf's. You might get slightly better prices from a vendor at a local gunshow.

Gerry N.

The PMC line is not bronze but the called "Bronze" "silver" and "gold" for thequality of each type? they are regular brass cased ammo,fully reloadale.
    The blazers are berdan primed and require a special tool to deprime, I not sure if they are worth the effort. I have heard of only one or two loading before the necks split. I shoot them at the range so I dont have to chase the empties.

Boolit Grand Master

I have heard of some reloading them just because they were told you couldn't. It was hardly worth it though as they only got one reload and they cracked at the mouth.
    Aim small, miss small!