Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad Data
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: Gallant .30 cal 240 gr rnfp polymer jacket bullets

Gallant .30 cal 240 gr rnfp polymer jacket bullets

Has anyone used these in a 30-06. I was thinking of trying them in my 30-06 with Shooters World Buffalo powder.

Mike

The one on the far right

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	39543681_961431320728801_543930575514238976_n.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	314206

My experiance with the other bullets, copper, etc, rather than lead core, was I needed to step down in weight to stabilize the composition bullets in my barrel as they were longer in length at the same weight. Length to diameter dictates the twist rate needed to stabilize. These folks should know the twist rate required to stabilize their bullet.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Master
    Shooters World Buffalo is an excellent cast bullet powder. It is identical to the old formulation of 5744, which the Lyman cast bullet handbook lists as the most accurate powder for most of the cartridges in the book. As far as the 240 grain powder coated bullet goes, I have no experience with this bullet, but I'd be concerned about if the nose on that bullet would fit in the chamber? If the nose diameter is .300" then it should be OK. If the as cast diameter was .300", then another .002" of powder coat was applied, then the bullet might be too tight to fit into the chamber. Seating a really long bullet like this deeper may not offer a solution because, by the time you've seated the bullet far enough back for the nose to clear the rifling lead, you'll have a whole lot of bullet below the shoulder inside the case. I guess the only way to know is to load some and find out. You could probably use the lowest listed load data for the Lyman #311284 as a starting point.

Look like hi-tek coated normal cast bullets. One on right looks like a Lee. Middle look like NOE. Hi-tek coating is not a thick as PC.
    Whatever!