MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
WidenersInline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2
Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dillon reloading problem

Boolit Buddy
    it is called DAA PRIMAFILL , just looked it up on the double alpha site.
    this does small and large

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsman View Post
    it is called DAA PRIMAFILL , just looked it up on the double alpha site.
    this does small and large
    Thanks, here it is https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/primafill

Have ordered the FA one, but need some other stuff from Double Alpha so will add this to my next order from them.

Boolit Bub
    Buy a new tube and see if that solves the issue.

Time is money and the tubes are inexpensive.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GunsandCoffee View Post
    Buy a new tube and see if that solves the issue.

Time is money and the tubes are inexpensive.
    Lol, destroyed a handful of tubes before taking Dillon’s advice and priming off the press. Not sure when I’ll try large primers on the press again. Dillon Support Tech kinda irritated me, he was unhappy that I’d not stopped sooner, as of that’s even a reasonable option, and I said that it’s no big deal if I gotta pay for new tubes, then he said “they are covered, unfortunately.” Later in the call he was whining about it again so I told him to just send me two replacement magazine tubes and forget the pickup tubes. I don’t know if he gets a bonus for irritating folks or if the cost of parts comes out of his pocket or if he was just having a bad day, but whatever it was it wasn’t the service I’ve long gotten from Dillon.

Boolit Master

Jim, is there anyone in your area that can look at your press? You’ve had more problems with a new machine than I’ve had with 4 Dillons over 32 years. I have to believe that there’s a small problem that’s easily remedied.

As for flaring cases, the adjustment from not enough to too much is very small. The entire range is around one turn from no flare to full flare. Testing has to be done with the screws and bolts at their intended operating level of tightness.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David2011 View Post
    Jim, is there anyone in your area that can look at your press? You’ve had more problems with a new machine than I’ve had with 4 Dillons over 32 years. I have to believe that there’s a small problem that’s easily remedied.

As for flaring cases, the adjustment from not enough to too much is very small. The entire range is around one turn from no flare to full flare. Testing has to be done with the screws and bolts at their intended operating level of tightness.
    I don’t think I’ve had a problem with the 650s (I have 3) other than this LPP feeding issue and an earlier ejector wire mangling. I’ve had Lee, RCBS, and Hornady presses and have no plans to change from Dillon. Their service guy just got on my last nerve implying that I was somehow doing something wrong with a primer pickup tube and wishing that he didn’t have to warranty them.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsman View Post
    I tried one I could not get it to feed the tube consistently , primer kept getting stuck in the orifice . I am useing the double alpha
    one now , much better than the frankford one . the double alpha is the vibrating tray model . now I use the frankford for vibrating buffer into shot shells
    Winchester primers hung up terrible for me until I took a needle file and want around the top side of that orifice. Now they rarely hang up, all other primers flow through like butter now. I had to go that with the large and small orifices.

These things also like fresh batteries, when it stop feeding smoothly, I put new batteries in and it works great. I’ve had mine since 2014 when they were $37 on Amazon. I use it for all of the ammo I load on my 650
    8500' Wet Mountain Valley, Colorado

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JimB.. View Post
    I don’t think I’ve had a problem with the 650s (I have 3) . . .
    Sorry! If you said earlier that this isn’t your first Dillon I missed it. Sounds like experience isn’t the issue.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12