Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Load Data Repackbox
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Help! I need a fast growing thorny something

Boolit Master
    Pyracantha. Only thing that likes them is a Butcher Bird. Only way to get rid of them is with an excavator.

Boolit Master
    Is there a reason you can't fence the front sides of your property?
    The fence cannot come forward of the front edge of your house. We can only fence the sides and back. Although I have a fence around the house on 3 sides, one side is short. That area next to the neighbor, has some growth and some open area along a ditch that allows them to cross right in front of my truck, then along the front of my house.
    Most of the tanks are gone and the windows don't rattle anymore. I won't be able to sleep now.

Boolit Master
    I love blackberries and all the other wild berries but these shrubs come with extra baggage. When the berries are close to ripe they will attract a lot of bird activity. Bird visits can cause snakes to drop by for a free meal. And I hate snakes, really hate them. I build revolver shot loads and carry them every time I go into our woodlands without exception.

My other thought is that when you build this perimeter barrier around 3 sides of your home that leaves you with only one direction for escape. What's going to happen when 1 or 2 of your occasional visitors show up and insist on a confrontation. Sure, you carry at home to de-fuse these spats, but the day may come when your visitors just have to stick around to take the dispute to the next level. Fight or flight, your call, but in the current justice system you easily could be found wrong even though you were right. Give all this confrontation scenario some thought and be ready to use your plan. Best of luck to you.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345