MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help! I need a fast growing thorny something

Moderator Emeritus

A mix of Prickly Ash and Buckthorn.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Minerat View Post
    I hate to be this way, but theses are considered invasive by the USDA so are probably illegal to import in to any area where they do not exist. Here is info on it. Seems to me it would be very effective for your need.

https://www.invasivespeciesinfo.gov/...ultiflora-rose
    According to the University of Georgia map only seven states have not reported this and it was imported into the US in the late 1700's! I'm not saying to plant it, but it is unlikely that it will be the only presence in his area.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    Constantine wire to hold up your rose bush and Raspberries
    You know what I want to do, lol. I saw an add for trip paint bombs, marking them with pink would be fitting.
    Most of the tanks are gone and the windows don't rattle anymore. I won't be able to sleep now.

Boolit Master
    I first will plant yard wide plots of every flower I can get, intermix datura for the thorns. Maybe one of the "smart ones" will try to use them. Add something more substantial, long lasting to the brew.
    I just yesterday threw up orange tape, just to see. I have talked with about 5 or 6 of them and I'm not nice but don't go overboard. The police are in the area nearly everyday.
    Most of the tanks are gone and the windows don't rattle anymore. I won't be able to sleep now.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have had every "No Trespassing" sign bordering the State land I butt up to torn down by mushroomers or hunters.

Reading this thread with interest but, at 72, I want near instant results. Waiting 10 years for a natural fence to establish is not an attractive option. Hope someone has an answer.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    I for now quit cutting the grass right along a ditch line they cross that stays really wet, just found a tarpin. At least the tall grass they walk in is guarenteed to be filled with chiggers and ticks. Last one stuck to me was very small. <1mm.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I have had every "No Trespassing" sign bordering the State land I butt up to torn down by mushroomers or hunters.

Reading this thread with interest but, at 72, I want near instant results. Waiting 10 years for a natural fence to establish is not an attractive option. Hope someone has an answer.
    Yeah, osage orange makes a great hedgerow but it takes a long time to fill in.

Boolit Master
    2x4's buried with sharp nails?

Honey Locust. Plant them close together. Don't cut them all the way back, just trim a little bit a couple of times.. In about 3 years you'll have a mess no one will try to get through more than once.

Then if you ever decide you want them gone it will take another 3-5 years to eradicate, so be forewarned.
    Last edited by Hannibal; 05-20-2023 at 07:20 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Get a metal sign that says caution rattle snake dens in this area

Quote Originally Posted by 45DUDE View Post
    2x4's buried with sharp nails?
    Booby trap. Trespassers lawyers will take everything you have and everything you're gonna get for the rest of your life.

Boolit Buddy

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    Blackberries, they grow fast , horrible thorns , plus you get berries. Be careful they will take over and are hard to kill.
    Keep your powder dry and watch your six !!

Knew a guy that used goat heads and trip wires to protect his water mellon patch. Had a 8 foot wide unmowed grass line with goat heads freely dispersed in the grass and 3 low trip wires woven thru the grass. Those goat heads really hurt then you landed on them with your hands and knees especially when trying to escape in a hurry with a arm load if melons.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master

I can’t offer any advice but I can say “Thank you Jesus for letting me live where I live”

That’s horrible and I feel for you man.

Art
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Fairly fast growing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-05-20 at 12-06-33 od4140-b88791692z.120160906181957000gecim07u.10.jpg (WEBP Imag.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	314236
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by deces View Post
    Fairly fast growing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-05-20 at 12-06-33 od4140-b88791692z.120160906181957000gecim07u.10.jpg (WEBP Imag.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	314236
    Some cacti have problems with cold weather.

Boolit Master
    You should have posted this weeks ago LOL. We were just down that way at the expo center for Archery Tournament.

We have 3 different wild roses on the farm multiflora rose crosses ?? They are all rough on the hide. Cut through the clothes and into you. I work on fence line in shorts and tennis shoes in the summer.

The only brambles I watch are the multflora. The other barberries, rasp berries and black berries are child play next to the multflora. Now the cows don't care to eat the multflora, bull thistle or ground cherries.

Bull Thistle is one I don't like walk around. Thistle may not open skin, but they will not come back as they will be working on digging and working out the thistles of every thing they have on. The splinter from the Bull Thistle are like hairs and hard to find. Also the thistles are huge growing the second year.

You can plant the thistles on the inside of the fence, they jump into it and they will not do that again.

Cirsium horridulum, called bristly thistle, horrid thistle, yellow thistle or bull thistle, is a North American species of plants in the tribe Cardueae within the family Asteraceae.It is an annual or biennial. The species is native to the eastern and southern United States from New England to Florida, Texas, and Oklahoma as well as to Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, and the Bahamas.

You need to come and get what you want. Will even help you dig them up.

Bull Thistle we have some are 6 feet tall not only 3 feet. Now it will take two years for them as they are a two year plant perennial.
    Last edited by Teddy (punchie); 05-20-2023 at 04:03 PM.

Boolit Master

black berries or Pampas grass or bamboo
    Death to every foe and traitor and hurrah, my boys, for freedom !

Boolit Grand Master
    Sawgrass?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast