MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionRepackboxLoad DataInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Question

Boolit Bub

Ebay Question

I buy quite a bit but have never sold. I bought an electronic board for $213 that was advertised as OEM but was aftermarket. It did not work so I bought an OEM board that worked. I requested a return which was quickly granted. Then I got a message from the seller asking to not return the board and to cancel the return request and they would refund the money. if I cancel, Ebay says I cannot request return again and will not receive Ebay help. Seller says they cannot send refund until request is cancelled per Ebay rules. Seller has a very good rating. For those that sell on Ebay, do i need to cancel the request or is this a way to avoid a refund and maintain a good rating?

Boolit Master
    Talk with ebay, every time I have had a problem, they refunded money,

I think they are scamming you. I would ignore there emails and send the board back, put the tracking for the return in the claim. They will have forced to refund you as ebay will see you sent it back.

Boolit Master
    Not sure what type of board your talking about. But I would watch. If you used a card and paypal then they should make it right. I think some of the rating is a joke any more. I would go off of communication and how they do and go by your past history with the seller, not by their Ebay rating it is false and missing as of late.

Yes, sounds a little sketchy to me. I would say, refund first then I will do what you want.

Open a case with Ebay, they will see to it that things are taken care of.

Boolit Master

Talk to ebay, communicate ONLY via email with ebay message board. Explain in detail. They will sort it out to your satisfaction. I once bought a car there. Minor red flags since day one. I won and then a storm blew the reggy out a window and gone. Nightmare.
    I opened a case will all supporting emails and got my money back in about two weeks.

Boolit Master

Sounds fishy to me.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master
    Open a case with ebay

Moderator Emeritus

Be careful of any communication not through Ebay. It also sound fishy to me, i.e. close the case and then we will refund. Not worth it and go through the ebay process.

Boolit Master

Every claim I have made through Ebay has been refunded.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I'm another one who thinks something isn't kosher with what they want you to do. Open a case with eBay and I would return it with tracking. Don't delete any of the messages between you and the seller - in fact, I would print them off so I had a hard copy of all messages back and forth until it is resolved. It sounds to me like they are trying to create an "out" so they don't have to refund. If the board was supposed to be OEM and it wasn't, then they are misrepresenting it on their auction site - something eBay frowns on and if it is a habit of the seller, it will get them suspended. Run off a copy of the original auction listing as well so you have it if needed. I have bought/sold there for years and there should not be an issue in giving a refund if a seller nor getting one if a buyer if the request for a refund is legitimate.

Boolit Master

Open a case and use the reason for the refund request “item not as described “.
    An eBay employee told me to use that in a dispute and told me that it would work every time!
    From what you have described the item is not as described!

Let the buyer beware.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Moderator Emeritus

Word of caution, if buying form Chinese sellers be prepared to eat it. Return shipping can be $100+++++ Chinese gov subsidizes shipping to the USA so sellers there pay pennies...

Don't drop the return request. That is your only way to get your money back, that ebay will assist you with.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

If you couldn't trust the seller to send the correct/advertised item,
    why would you trust them on the their request for a different refund procedure?

You have maximum exposure to get ripped off, but nothing to gain.
    I'd do it along the ebay rules and the way they want you to do it.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Bub
    I took the consensus advice and mailed the package back this morning. To answer a question, it was a board out of a pool heater. If it comes out less than expected, I will add info.

Thanks for help.

Farmer66

Boolit Master

When I had a dispute and the seller seemed reluctant to co-operate I opened a dispute and asked for a shipping lable and refund. I immediately got a lable and a refund, and was satisfied.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master
    If you and the seller are sending messages thru eBay I would trust them. eBay keeps a record of the messages and they supposedly read each one.
    They will hold the seller to what they tell you.
    East Tennessee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast