Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline Fabrication
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lee Molds

Boolit Master
    I have a couple dozen Lee molds as well as molds from Lyman, RCBS, and NOE. I have good luck with all the Lee molds except the Lee bore riding rifle molds. I only have three or four of those but even though they all pore good looking bullets, the noses all pour small ranging from .002 to .005 under size. My Lee 6 cav pistol molds all cast very well.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have not had good luck with Lee 2 cavity molds and will not buy them, but most of their 6 cavity molds that I have used (and own) have worked pretty well.

I will state as a fact that I get more rejects in a batch from LEE molds, but when you are casting 6 at a crack, even a 20% reject rate still leaves you with more boolits than a 4 cavity mold that runs 2-3% rejects, and in fairness, I have only had 1, 6 cavity LEE that was that bad. I prefer my MP and NOE molds, and I have several Accurate molds as well, but if you can only afford a Chevy, you can still get where you want to go.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123