Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyLoad DataWidenersLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Friday, May 19

For Thought and Meditation - Friday, May 19

Good morning all. This is a great message and comfort. Just what I needed to end this work week. Have a safe and blessed day.

Pulling Down Strongholds
    Hagee Ministries

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God…
    -2 Corinthians 10:3-5

Our commitment to Christ is the key to unlock the ability to pull down the spiritual strongholds of Satan in our lives. What are spiritual strongholds? Paul defines them clearly for us in today’s verse. Strongholds are “arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God” — fortresses of lies against the truth of God in our lives.

As followers of Christ, we engage in spiritual warfare with the mighty weapons God provides. This spiritual struggle ensued long before we arrived on the scene, but we are not helpless in the face of evil. We take back spiritual ground that our enemy, Satan, has stolen from us and those we love.

We are not created to hide behind the walls of the church, to merely defend ourselves from the schemes of the devil. We are created to offensively establish God’s kingdom here on earth, to ward off the fiery darts of the evil one, to make war in heavenly places, and to gain ground for the cause of Christ.

Jesus told us that "the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force” (Matthew 11:12). This spiritual violence of which Jesus speaks describes how Satan strikes at us. He is intent on our defeat and our destruction. He sets out to disrupt, damage, and ultimately, destroy our lives. He will infiltrate our emotions, relationships, health, and finances. John 10:10 makes it plain that he comes to “kill, steal, and destroy.

No matter the spiritual violence that he attempts to wreak on us, as believers, we can set him in full retreat through the power that we have through Jesus Christ. When we submit our lives to God, when we engage the mighty weapons God has given, and when we resist the devil, he will flee before us. "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." (James 4:7). We have authority through the name of Jesus, the power of His Word, and His overcoming Blood. Our Savior will crush him under our feet and lead us to victory.

Blessing

Heavenly Father, make me bold in the power of Your might. Help me take back territory that the enemy has stolen from me and those I love. Lead me to engage the enemy with courage to advance Your kingdom here on earth. In Jesus’ name… Amen.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Oh - I like this message. Sometimes John Hagee really says it well for me. Thanks for the Scripture & Word this fine morning - God Bless
    Being human is not for sissies.

I agree, that says it well. Amen!
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    Amen, good message, helps to keep our battle in perspective of what we really war against.

Boolit Grand Master
    The issue most miss is that the battle against evil is personal. The world will succumb to evil if Revelations is to be believed. There is no reason for Christ to return if man can defeat evil...man cannot defeat evil. That battle will be won by Him not us. In fact, believers are raptured many years before the final battle.

That does not mean I believe we should not confront and fight evil. I would have no serious regrets being forced to kill someone who is a threat to me or my loved ones. I will not love "my enemies" who are evil...if that makes me a poor Christian so be it.

The reality is some evil is in every one of us. It is a constant personal battle...well at least it is for me.

Regrettably, most of our leaders have lost their personal battle with evil. Catholics support late term abortion, sexual abuse is swept under the rug, corruption is rampant, they accept men can be women and vice versa...etc etc. A country led by evil will become evil, and that is happening to many countries including the USA. It is God's plan. God could stop it but then Jesus would not return.

So, I look at what is happening as a "test". Do I believe in God and His ways or do I "go along" to avoid persecution and prosecution by the evil around me.
    Don Verna

Moderator Emeritus

Love the message! I truly look forward to your mini Bible Studies!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan