Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Wideners

Thread: Heritage Hammer

Boolit Man

Heritage Hammer

Today the owner of my favorite LGS made me a great deal on a pre-owned Heritage Rough Rider Combo with adjustable sights. It came in the original box with the .22WMR cylinder. It is in excellent condition with only slight handling wear.

The interesting thing about it is that it’s hammer is recessed inward on both sides instead of flat like the new Rough Riders in the case. I was wondering if this was a very old example.

Does anyone know about the recessed hammer and when it might have been manufactured?

Boolit Master
    Just curious how good a deal could he give you on a gun that’s typically about $125 brand new? Sorry that my sound like I’m being some kind of smart Alec but I’m not I’m just curious. I bought mine a couple years ago at a Black Friday sale you know Friday after Thanksgiving. $89.00 With a coupon to send back to Heritage for the 22 mag cylinder for 20 bucks
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by poppy42 View Post
    Just curious how good a deal could he give you on a gun that’s typically about $125 brand new? Sorry that my sound like I’m being some kind of smart Alec but I’m not I’m just curious. I bought mine a couple years ago at a Black Friday sale you know Friday after Thanksgiving. $89.00 With a coupon to send back to Heritage for the 22 mag cylinder for 20 bucks
    I paid about the same thing for mine. Worked just fine for my needs as I wanted something in 22 mag.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    confirm - when you say "recessed inward on both sides" - what are you referring to? A picture would be interesting. I went and pulled up some new ones that are listed for sale on a couple of sites and they don't look any different than the one I had probably fifteen years ago - their typical SA design.

I had a 4 3/4" LR model that I bought for around $120 IIRC fifteen years or so ago. It did what I needed it for - 4 legged critters on the farm. Functioned fine, but I could never understand the hinky safety they put on them. It did what it was supposed to do, and I had no real complaints on it as it was an inexpensive revolver that I took good care of, but if it had been scratched or gotten worn, I wouldn't have lost any sleep over.. I sold it after I sold the farm as I had no real need for it.

Would love to see some photos of it - maybe a model that many of us have never run across?

Boolit Man
    This version is the one with adjustable sights and an additional 22 WMR cylinder. These have a $249 MSRP. I think they are typically discounted for about $205. I got mine for $110.

I especially wanted one with adjustable sights.

Boolit Man
    Here is a photo. The serial number is B76xxx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0138.jpg  

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Thank you for the photo vonfilm - for some reason, my mind wasn't "clicking" that the hammer itself was recessed - chalk it up to old age! Clearly visible in the photo. I don't think I've seen one with a hammer like that as most I've seen were the basic "plain jane" types. Looks like it is in great shape - you'll have fun shooting it! I don't blame you for snapping it up at that price! Appreciate you taking the time to post the photo. Enjoy!