RepackboxInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading EverythingWideners
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: Muzzleloader for new hunter.

Boolit Buddy

Muzzleloader for new hunter.

Looking for a muzzleloader for a relative who has expressed an interest in learning front stuffers and hunting with it. I am not an in-line kind of person and honestly don't know much about them so will be sticking to percussion cap side lock guns here.

A trouble free side lock 50 or 54 caliber would be perfect. Since this guy is starting from square one so a package deal with some of the tools of the trade would be nice.

This would be a great place to get rid of that extra,extra, muzzleloader covered in dust in the back of your closet.

Let me know what you have here or via PM.
    Thanks for your time.

Boolit Buddy
    Pm sent

Me, too.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Master
    Starting as a new shooter , side locks are expensive and need those pesky #11 caps that are very scarce/expensive to make it work ! I have an inexpensive inline 50 cal 1-28 twist/uses 209 primers/fullbore cast/sabot 50x45/50x40 cast plus a bunch of pistol (hornady store bought That makes it easy to get into muzzle loaders to 200 yds with a bunch of all those extras /P M for details
    Last edited by Edward; 05-18-2023 at 09:35 AM.

5. 05-17-2023, 04:36 PM
    Reason
    Discussion

Boolit Bub
    PM sent

Boolit Master
    If you are still looking, I have a Lyman Great Plains Hawken .54 cal caplock that I refinished and it looks real good, almost like an origional. It shoots great, and if you are interested, I can make a deal for a new shooter.
    Steve
    The rules of the range are simple at best, Should you venture in that habitat, Don't cuss a man's dog, be good to the cook, And don't mess with a cowboy's hat. ~ Baxter Black

Boolit Man
    I have a decent rifle that would be an excellent starter. It is a T/C Hawken that I put together from parts that I had or scrounged. The original barrel was fired, and never cleaned. I removed the breech plug and fitted it to a beautiful.CVA .50 caliber barrel.(I am a machinist/tool maker, and gunsmith for 47 years.) It shoots wonderfully, and actually more accurately than either of my sons.T/C’s. The stock had been shortened, approximately 1 inch when I got it. But it’s still a decent length of pull . I have a short video and some other photos if you are interested in taking a look. Asking $250 plus shipping. Please let me know if you’re interested. Thank you, Michael.
    Hey there Pup,get off your knees! You’ve been takin orders from your ticks and fleas! The skeeters and chiggers will be here soon to have you jumping to their “toon”…We better go back the way we came,then our neighbor can do the same. Our founders had the best solution! The Good Book and the Constitution. Tod

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for all of the kind offers. Think I may have found a winner. Will close the add when I close the deal.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for all the very good offers.

Moved to CD.

DG