Reloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWidenersLoad Data
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Educate me on the .310 BSA cadet I just purchased, bullets, brass, dies etc.

Here’s some pictures of Sams new Martini Cadet. That is a neat gun!
    Jealous I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I was fortunate to acquire an unaltered Cadet rifle. Had some Starline 32-20 cases altered and trimmed them to my chamber to seat the bullet from the RCBS mould. Loads with Unique and 2400 both shoot great out of the rifle, I wish I had more of them! I also tried out some Nagant brass which worked fine but I already have enough converted 32-20.

Below is a pic of mine out at the range.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	310 Cadet web.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	314261

Boolit Master
    OK Drum roll please, I got my chamber casting material in yesterday, and today did one. It has been rechambered, and rebored, to Win .32 special!! I have molds, need to get some brass and dies. I will only be shooting sedate cast loads in this one, dont think it would handle 170 J words at 2100fps factory loads.

Well, that solves the brass problem for sure!
    Interesting- keep us posted on it, please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by challenger_i View Post
    7.62x58 Nagant makes a good parent case, as well.
    Got a typo there: 7.62X38R is the correct case, and like you, that is my preferred case for my Cadet, too.

Windy West Texas, between the rocks, and the trees.
    "Always with the negative waves, Moriarty! Always with the negative waves!" Geez! Get ONE number off, and people want to rain all over ya!

Just missed an unaltered Cadet on GB for reasonable money... Sucks being broke!
    I want another Cadet to rechamber to 32-30 Remington. Already located a 120gr .322" mold!
    Rights, and Privileges, are not synonymous. We have the Right to Bear Arms. As soon as the Government mandates firearm registration, and permiting, then that Right becomes a Privilege, and may be taken away at our Master's discretion.

Boolit Master
    The 32 spec chambered guns will indeed handle factory load s.....(if such exist anymore) ,and surprisingly the bullets seem to be stable .............However ,recoil is awesome in a light gun,and the conversion guns have rarely seen much use............one cure would be to shorten the barrel,and rechamber to something with a 32 dia bullet .

Let us know how it shoots. Good luck.

Windy West Texas, between the rocks, and the trees.
    A good recoil pad, at the very least. However, the Cadets in 32 WS I have fired were tack drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    The 32 spec chambered guns will indeed handle factory load s.....(if such exist anymore) ,and surprisingly the bullets seem to be stable .............However ,recoil is awesome in a light gun,and the conversion guns have rarely seen much use............one cure would be to shorten the barrel,and rechamber to something with a 32 dia bullet .
    Rights, and Privileges, are not synonymous. We have the Right to Bear Arms. As soon as the Government mandates firearm registration, and permiting, then that Right becomes a Privilege, and may be taken away at our Master's discretion.

Boolit Master
    When I was a youngster we could buy one of these for pocket change
    I remember walking into one of the Sydney gunshops (if you stood in the right spot outside central railway station you could see 6 gunshops as you looked down George street) - anyway just inside the door of one of these was a big half barrel full of 310 martinis @ 30 shillings (3 bucks?) later they were advertised mail order for 3 pounds ten shillings (7 bucks) back then AU$ vs US$ value was reversed so we (Aussie dollar) have gone from $1.33U$ way down to $0.65centsU$

most of these military cast offs I have seen had good barrels - not done a lot of work.

There were quite a few winchester 92's refurbished (in 32/20) using reclaimed Martini barrels - that seemed to work ok

The Martini was converted to use 32/20 brass - just needed the rim deepened - (I have the tool in my kit for doing that operation)

many hundreds of conversions to 222rimmed came out of Myra's gunshop in Broken Hill - ballistics supposedly almost identical to the 222

The nicest conversion I have seen is a 218Bee - that is a sweet little varmint gun.

I have one of the 1892's with 310 barrel & sights but still in 310 Cadet.
    Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12