RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
WidenersInline FabricationRepackboxLoad Data
Lee Precision

Thread: Winchester Lever Link

Winchester Lever Link

A previous 1894 winchester post got off on a tangent and it was mentioned that the lever link on pre-64 guns used a screw on the bottom of the link to retain the link pin and the screw was omitted on post-64 guns. I have 2 post-64 1894s from the early 1990s (one of which made in 1994 i bought nib in 1994) that both have the pin with the retaining screw. Does anyone know when winchester reintroduced the screw in the bottom of the link?

Super Moderator

I don't know the answer to your question, but I'll bet if you called Homestead Gun Parts in Tucson, AZ they can probably get you the answer. They are very knowledgeable on both pre and post 64 Model 1894's. They also have just about any part you'd ever need. Their phone # is 520-303-3030. Hope this helps....

https://homesteadparts.com/shop/winc...64-c-1_11.html

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterAZ View Post
    I don't know the answer to your question, but I'll bet if you called Homestead Gun Parts in Tucson, AZ they can probably get you the answer. They are very knowledgeable on both pre and post 64 Model 1894's. They also have just about any part you'd ever need. Their phone # is 520-303-3030. Hope this helps....

https://homesteadparts.com/shop/winc...64-c-1_11.html
    Great advice. Jax at Homestead clarified the change back to a lever link pin and screw around 5200000 which is some time around 1990.

My 89 Ranger 94 had the screw on the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by veeman View Post
    My 89 Ranger 94 had the screw on the bottom.
    What is the serial number? Yours may be one of the earliest ones.

That is something that I didn’t know about - the return to the lever pin retaining screw on m94s. Before that, you could tell a Pre from a Post without lifting them from the store rack- by that little screw.
    Being a bolt action guy for most of my life, I haven’t kept up with lever actions much.
    What year was the last American m94 made? It seems like it wasn’t very many years past the 1994 100 year anniversary.
    My 94 was my Dad’s and the first “deer rifle” that I ever saw. And they are quite good at that job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    A previous 1894 winchester post got off on a tangent and it was mentioned that the lever link on pre-64 guns used a screw on the bottom of the link to retain the link pin and the screw was omitted on post-64 guns. I have 2 post-64 1894s from the early 1990s (one of which made in 1994 i bought nib in 1994) that both have the pin with the retaining screw. Does anyone know when winchester reintroduced the screw in the bottom of the link?
    would that change have come with the angle eject?
    I dont know - I have an OFWinchester made in 1980 and it does not have the old style retaining screw

Super Moderator

Here is some interesting history on the model 94.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winche...ounted%20scope.

Quote Originally Posted by indian joe View Post
    would that change have come with the angle eject?
    I dont know - I have an OFWinchester made in 1980 and it does not have the old style retaining screw
    When the angle eject came out the link did not have the pin and screw but was changed sometime in. 1989