Titan ReloadingWidenersSnyders JerkyLoad Data
RepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graf & Son has limiled supply of SP primers: best price hands down

Graf & Son has limiled supply of SP primers: best price hands down

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this or if it has been posted elsewhere.

Graf & Son has small pistol primers. Fiocchi brand: 12,000 for $798.00.

Adding their flat rate $12.95 shipping+ HAZMAT of $24.50 + tax my order was $899.83: that's $.075 ea delivered.

I'm splitting the cost with my son.

These will go quickly. I was on their list to notify if they were ever available again.

Henry

Spelling corrected
    Last edited by oldhenry; 05-05-2023 at 11:14 AM.

Boolit Master

I saw the email notice yesterday but thought they had a four box (6,000 primers total) limit. My math could well be off but I figured 8 cents each after taxes, hazmat & shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmi48219 View Post
    I saw the email notice yesterday but thought they had a four box (6,000 primers total) limit. My math could well be off but I figured 8 cents each after taxes, hazmat & shipping.
    You may want to review that email. They're senting me 12,000 primers (confirmed by invoice copy & email). According to my math the delivered price is 7.5 cents each.

All other sources I've checked would cost at least $.09 ea + shipping, Hazmat & tax.

Boolit Grand Master
    We are certainly living in hard times when 7.5 cents per primer is considered “good.”

Sportsman's Warehouse has some in store only limit 200 for 5.something

Quote Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
    We are certainly living in hard times when 7.5 cents per primer is considered “good.”
    well they got ya by the balls when you have everything else

Boolit Grand Master
    Lived through three primer panics. Nobody has me by the cojones. Laid in a very large supply when they were reasonably priced. If you are over 30 this shouldn’t be happening to you.

Live and learn.

what 35 remington said/. live and learn/.

Boolit Grand Master
    Just saw Ginex for $365/5k. Some powder at less than $40/lb with free HazMat at the same place. Nice to see prices doing the right direction.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

2.5 to 3 cents apiece was the normal price, before the shortages, not too long ago. Considering how much inflation has happened since the Happy Times, I think five cents per primer will be the new "normal" price, even when we are once again drinking the free Bubble-Up and eating our rainbow stew.
    Remember: Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Lived through three primer panics. Nobody has me by the cojones. Laid in a very large supply when they were reasonably priced. If you are over 30 this shouldn’t be happening to you.

Live and learn.
    I’m well over 30 and didn’t see it coming. I’ve not been reloading my whole life. Not everyone comes from the same place as you.

Picked up 200 at Sportsmen's Warehouse the other day for $6 a hundred Ok deal for these times but I'm not driving over there for more unless I'm in the neighborhood for another reason. Gp

Fiocchi has a plant in St. Louis and was better set up to provide the need for primers only over the new start up called Expansion industries in TX. In these times, I keep buying what I need in small quantities knowing it’s only a matter of time that supply will more than catch up with demand. Yes, I know I am being optimistic but when a product doubles or triples overnight, it’s only a matter of time before it comes back to reality. If .05 is the new normal in the near future, that’s OK but don’t be surprised one of the manufacturers has excess inventory and offers it at .035 ea.. Then it’s time to buy a lifetime. Just my .02. I’ve been reloading for 45 years and have seen a lot in that amount of time.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron369 View Post
    I’m well over 30 and didn’t see it coming. I’ve not been reloading my whole life. Not everyone comes from the same place as you.
    Same here! I am 72. Been reloading for only a few years now. Never saw a need for stocking up because primers were ALWAYS available when I needed them at the local gun shows.

Boolit Master
    I keep my SHTF stockpile, always have. I will cycle it to keep it 'fresh' but I never touch the total. The rest is for recreational purposes. That stock goes up or down depending on what I am shooting most of. I was 'lucky' that 1) I had a recreational stock that would keep me going for a year or so, 2) I was able to buy what I needed every now and then throughout the 'panic', 3) I standardized my rifles for SR only (got some .308 brass that uses SR primers), 4) I don't mind paying the current prices. I didn't mind paying the price for CCI match primers before the panic (around $5/100) and I don't mind spending the current price (~$9/100). I only shoot a few thousand rounds a year so it just isn't an issue.

FWIW, our Sportsman's just put a LOT of primers on the shelf. Much more than they would ever stock before the panic. I didn't count but there are over 50k primers out there, mostly CCI and Fiocchi small pistol but there is more than 5k CCI SR BR primers as well. Prices are $5 to $10/100. Interesting too cause I had never seen Fiocchi primers before this.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    I keep my SHTF stockpile, always have. I will cycle it to keep it 'fresh' but I never touch the total. The rest is for recreational purposes. That stock goes up or down depending on what I am shooting most of. I was 'lucky' that 1) I had a recreational stock that would keep me going for a year or so, 2) I was able to buy what I needed every now and then throughout the 'panic', 3) I standardized my rifles for SR only (got some .308 brass that uses SR primers), 4) I don't mind paying the current prices. I didn't mind paying the price for CCI match primers before the panic (around $5/100) and I don't mind spending the current price (~$9/100). I only shoot a few thousand rounds a year so it just isn't an issue.

FWIW, our Sportsman's just put a LOT of primers on the shelf. Much more than they would ever stock before the panic. I didn't count but there are over 50k primers out there, mostly CCI and Fiocchi small pistol but there is more than 5k CCI SR BR primers as well. Prices are $5 to $10/100. Interesting too cause I had never seen Fiocchi primers before this.
    I have a similar approach. SHTF stock is never touched. Most of my primers are SRP, SPP and 209's. I have a case of LRP that will last a lifetime as I do not plink with those calibers.

I did the same "rationalization" with powders and can make do with four powders for everything I shoot.

Very easy to know what I need and to buy in bulk when prices are good.
    Don Verna

Boolit Buddy
    Dunno about never touching one's supply.........I use mine, prudently, and I intend not leaving a damn thing to a posterity that I will not be here to enjoy.......what's left they can fight over and figure out their own way to get theirs, as did I.

Personally I'd put my bet on SMKUMMER's post.......at 82 and 60 plus in this game I too have seen an awful lot

Boolit Master

Cabelas in Saginaw has CCI small pistol and small rifle. $89.95 per M. Also some federal primers not remembering what sizes $94.95 M. I was there today.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Quote Originally Posted by Iron369 View Post
    Well, there is a lesson to be learned here.....listen and learn grasshopper.....
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Quote Originally Posted by FISH4BUGS View Post
    Well, there is a lesson to be learned here.....listen and learn grasshopper.....
    I happened to get close to 20k spp and srp in an estate sale bundle when all I was after was the lead that was also in the sale so I’ve been stocked up through the shortage. I started reloading because of ammunition shortages but supplies were commonly available. I have learned that reloading supply shortages can follow ammunition shortages.

I sometimes come across abrasive even if it wasn’t my intention. I do get irritated when people act like their experiences aren’t unique to them and everyone on the planet has lived through them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast