WidenersLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2RepackboxLoad DataSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee .358 push thru size problem ?

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I know there's some bigger paws than mine but I wear a 14-1/2 ring on 6 fingers and both thumbs just a 10 on the pinkies .
    Ive sized 22,25,26,27,28,30,32,35,40, and 45 cal without any difficulty getting stuff lined up . 22s as light as 37 gr ......
    Maybe I'm just delicately ham handed .

Anything that serves as an alignment device that isn't a sliding cup like a primer ram rod will mark things up .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

I have never used any springs on any of the 6 or 7 Lee Push Throughs I've been using for a few years, including the .358.

I used to use a cheap Lee C press inverted & clamped to my bench. Just drop the bullets into the die. The bullets drop into a box. Now I am using a Lee APP.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Boolit Master
    You know, I do not use the spring idea, But I am going to now that I have seen it. All you people criticizing the man for this obviously do not have severe arthritis or similar type disability. But I will tell all of you perfect people that the spring idea is a very good one for people like us who have a LOT of difficulty holding small things steadily. I have Polymyalgia Rheumatica, PMR, which is very debilitating when it comes to holding things. I can no longer shoot my single action revolvers because I cannot pull the hammer back with my thumb. Try doing anything without your thumb. So, for all those perfect people who like to criticize, how about thinking of a solution that works to help him out using the spring instead of criticizing someone's workarounds?

Quote Originally Posted by hc18flyer View Post
    First time using the Lee size on my powder coated bullets. I found a relatively stiff spring to keep the bullet on the push rod. I think it was scoring about every 12th one? When I was careful to center the spring as it came up, the problem went away. I can shorten this spring, and look for a shorter, softer one? Any thoughts? hc18flyer Attachment 313715
    it didnt come with a spring because its not needed

Quote Originally Posted by Rickf1985 View Post
    You know, I do not use the spring idea, But I am going to now that I have seen it. All you people criticizing the man for this obviously do not have severe arthritis or similar type disability. But I will tell all of you perfect people that the spring idea is a very good one for people like us who have a LOT of difficulty holding small things steadily. I have Polymyalgia Rheumatica, PMR, which is very debilitating when it comes to holding things. I can no longer shoot my single action revolvers because I cannot pull the hammer back with my thumb. Try doing anything without your thumb. So, for all those perfect people who like to criticize, how about thinking of a solution that works to help him out using the spring instead of criticizing someone's workarounds?
    So, maybe you might look at the fact that those of us who have no IDEA what he's talking about might respond that no, we don't use a spring of any kind, the dadgum thing didn't come with one, and I don't know what the heck he is talking about. I never ONCE said I was perfect in any way, any more than any other human currently on this planet! Perhaps you could tell us what it is he's talking about and then we'll all know?
    Last edited by armoredman; 05-13-2023 at 07:38 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12