Load DataSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee Precision
RotoMetals2WidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: 40x-x price check

Boolit Master

40x-x price check

what is a fair price for a pristine condition 40-x 22lr single shot with a redfield 20x (unertl style) target scope; with and without scope?? i have 2 friends, one has the gun, and the other wants it. trying to negoiate a fair $

Found a .22 40X with 10x Unertl scope listed on g international for $2300 so that’s a bit of a ball park figure. The Redfield scope value wise is in my opinion less value than a Unertl. Double check the scope, Remington made a scope for the 40X which is roughly same value as a Unertl, in fact the mounts and adjusters are Unertl. Of course value is what two individuals ultimately find satisfactory

Adding. Possable the scope is Redfield 3200. $350-500 scope.
    Last edited by Rockingkj; 05-02-2023 at 03:43 PM.

Boolit Master
    i don't pay much attention to the "guns for sale sites". my thoughts are the gun itself is $1400.00 range and with scope $200.00-$300.00 more. thoughts??

Boolit Master

I have a 40X in .223 cal. I would not let it go for less than $2k. Just one persons opinion.

If a generic used Chinese SKS is going for $1100 and a generic well worn M1 Carbine is going for $1250.00 at a LGS; I do not think I am to far off.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Buddy
    Shot Distinguished Expert with a 40X smallbore rifle way back in the '70's. Not super ergonomic by todays match rifle standards, but darn good shooters just the same. Wish I had one in the pile!

Boolit Master
    A rimfire 40x around here is a 895.00 to1200.00 rifle if it's in good shape and the Redfield might bring 400.00 if you're lucky.

Boolit Master
    I've a 40x in 7.62 Nato which is stamped in the barrel. Single shot with laminated thumbhole stock and has less than 400 rounds down the tube. Had it up for sale, but got tired of low ball offers. Don't think the Remington custom shop survived their bankruptcy. So most likely not making any more. Frank