Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything

Thread: Shotgun Binge

Boolit Master

Shotgun Binge

Don't ask why, but I have went on a shotgun buying binge.

First I bought a CZ Bobwhite in 12 gauge, because I didn't have a 12. I was so impressed with it, that I ordered one in 28 gauge to match the 28 gauge Red Label I've had for 20 years. I was hankering for a coach gun to "play" with. I handled a few Stoger coach guns, and they just felt like a 2x4 in my hands, when I happened upon this. https://youtu.be/VAV0jrDaIrg. It's imported by Rock Island Armory, is another Turkish made shotgun. Funny thing is every description I see list it as having an anodized aluminum frame, but it's ALL steel. I would swear it's the same gun as the CZ hammer coach, with black chrome finish instead of case hardened, and 24 inch choke tube barrels, instead of 20 inch cylinder bores. The tang safety allows it to be "cocked and locked". I've been giving the starlings hell around the homestead with it! Any of you seen one of these?

Nice buys. I think. I don't know a whole lot about shotguns

For some reason, though, I've been really jonesin' for side-by-sides. Still on the hunt for a 12 ga, 28 ga and 16 ga SXS guns. Then my life will be complete. I'm guessing....... LOL

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Boolit Master
    I like shotguns and some say I have too many. Whatever. I prefer the 12 gauge for home defense and general farm business. I like the 16 gauge, and my favorite is an old, minty, Sweet 16. I have some 20 gauge guns and my best farm "driveby" shotgun in my Ranger is a .22 Magnum over 20 gauge.

Binge shotgun buying is not a crime or sin. Amen. LOL.

Adam

Know exactly what you mean. I have more shotguns than anything else in my safe. Marlin hammer guns, ‘97s, Model 12s, Stevens 520/620 pumps, double barrels, an 1887 repro too. Most are 12 gauge but I do have a Marlin Model 30 and a Winchester Model 1912 in 20 ga. Cute shotties, I love how they are downsized. Don’t know how so many of them got into my safe.

I remember the days when I didn’t want a shotgun. I’m shooting clays now and I’ve learned a new perspective for them. I’m finding it’s like most things, the more the merrier.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Buddy

The CZ Ringneck 410 is a cupcake! Have grouse and woodcock hunted with it as well as banging Starlings around the farm. Great around starting a young dog as the low report. 410 shells are expensive but I reload them for pennies on a Mec 9000G Winchester AA 2 1/2" are the best.

I can only use so many shotguns without some of them developing “SafeQueenitis”.
    Therefore the most I’ve owned at once was 9 shotguns.
    Presently I get by fine with a SxS and a pump in 12 gauge and a SxS and a pump in 20 gauge and two single shots in .410 bore.
    My wife has my first 20 gauge Topper, her mom’s 28 gauge SxS, and her dad’s M17 Remington 20 gauge.
    She only uses the Topper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

I could get by quite happily with just my 16 gauge Model 12. BUT, have collected over 16 more reasons why that will not happen.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Yeah, on a scattergun binge too, from bottom feeders to top notch, all 12 gauge - Warthog semi-auto, Stevens 301, Maverick 88, Henry s/s, Mossberg 500, Beretta A300 Ultima Patrol.

Life is still purty good so far on this side of the green grass.
    The .45-70 is the only government I trust.