Snyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: Long range with cast boolits 3

Long range with cast boolits 3

Well, I have fired a few charges trying to improve the accuracy, and apparently I have succeeded.
    I have made some changes, first I gave up my gaschecks, here in Argentina it is difficult to get hornady or lyman (although I think they are from the same factory), I got some lyman.
    I cast and separated by weight, with 0.5 grains each group, and made a light PC.
    Then place the gascheck trying to make it as aligned as possible (use the press to press it well on the base of the boolit)
    Then I made another PC with the gaschek on. and then I put the orange magic on it and I passed it through the lee sizing 309.
    I used two loads, both with military brass 762x51 and large rifle primer. Win 760 40 and 41 grains. Unfortunately one of the 3 shots of 41 grains escaped me when I was aiming, but left two beautiful shots on the paper at 100 meters.
    I am going to prepare more and measure speeds with the chrono.
    Happy face this time!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2023-04-29 at 16.09.05.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	313503Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2023-04-29 at 16.08.47.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	313504

Boolit Master

Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Looks like it is coming together for you. Keep us posted.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master
    The gate has opened. You are on your journey.

Good morning, I'm back again with the news after going to shoot again yesterday.
    In the last preparation of boolits (314299), I have been very careful to select the most perfect ones and separate them into groups of 0.5 grains.
    Then I put a lyman gascheck on them and painted them again with transparent pc, "wet" them with lyman lubricant and pass them through the .309 die and load them with 42 grains of win 760.
    I got speeds around 2350 fps on my cz 550 varmint.
    What made it have a supersonic bullet up to 500 meters. So that was my limit.
    I had others loaded with 43.5 from win 760 and with those I was able to consistently hit 600 meters. So I used the worst grouping much more effectively, since it had a better range, the other one has only served me up to 500 meters.