Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
WidenersRepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee Precision

Thread: "Winchester" air pistol rebuild kit?

Boolit Mold

"Winchester" air pistol rebuild kit?

I have Winchester-branded .177 break-barrel pistol which must be at least 40 years old. Don't know who the actual manufacturer was. Seems to need new seal(s). Can anyone suggest a source for whatever rebuild parts /kit may be needed?
    Thanks

what model is it ? - Winchester never produced their air guns, find out the original maker + then check with parts suppliers - i had a .177 Winchester air rifle that was actually a RWS product years ago -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

Boolit Master
    Weren't those made by Diana?

Quote Originally Posted by Abert Rim View Post
    Weren't those made by Diana?
    the Winchester pistol model 353 was definitely by Diana - not sure about the other models -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

as they say in latin

Boolit Mold
    The box says it's a 353, so Diana it is.
    Thanks for the info.

Might be rebuildable by just working some Silicone Air cylinder oil into the piston seal. I have one of these guns, mine is a .22 and you can see the pellets fly pretty easily. But a few drops of the magic oil and it perks right back up. You might try that before you tear it apart. If there is some surface rust present then 0000 steel wool followed by a good coating of oil like Ballistol will make it look good again.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

I just started playing with mine a few days ago. It lost all of its power and won't even push a pellet thru the barrel stops about 1" for the muzzle. I cleaned the barrel really well but every time it is fired there ends up a bunch of Dark Brown Grit in the barrel. Doesn't look like rust.

I tried to unscrew the big nut on the back of the gun with a strap wrench but it won't budge. I have been soaking the guns interior in Silicone Oil for the last week and nothing has changed so I filled it up with WD 40 and still no change. It needs to come apart.

I think either the Piston Seal is dead or the Air Cylinder is full of rust.

Any suggestions on taking it apart would be welcome! Will consult You Tube as everything known to man is covered somewhere there.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"

try contacting Diana for instructions or repair centers - - some springers can not be taken apart w/o special tools+ safety precautions -

as they say in latin

That dark brown grit is probably the piston seal, most likely leather.
    That big "nut" may have to be depressed before it will turn, just a guess.
    Be careful, that spring could do you a world of hurt.

And there is very complete instructions on how to take it apart, fix it, and reassemble.. Just Google Diana Model 5 Disassembly, and look for a guy named Nick Carter. He is the first guy that comes up in my searches and he has pics and narrative of the full process as well as some sources for parts like the Piston Seal which is what is wrong with mine..

There is one place that has 4 or 5 links to the whole process from Nick Carter, https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/yell...y-t237613.html

Hope this helps.

Randy