MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWidenersSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad DataReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: .35 Rem issues

Boolit Master
    makerbullets.com lists solid copper 200 grain bullets for the .35 Rem. Barnes has TSX and TTSX .358 diameter bullets in solid copper, but they are not suitable for Marlin tube feeds unless loaded one in chamber, one in magazine. Most Barnes need more velocity than .35 Rem provides. Factory .35 Rem are loaded to 'low' pressure, 35000psi compared to most other cartridges. Just pulling bullets from factory cartridges and replacing them with something different is not recommended ('Mexican match' is something else). Actual load development is needed, with the rifle to be used. I did not see what rifle you are using? Found the mention of a 336, OK. With care, you can speed up the 35 Rem in the Marlin 336 quite a bit. Buffalo Bullets gets 2200fps with a 220 grain Bullet.
    Last edited by MostlyLeverGuns; 06-13-2023 at 10:24 AM.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Another thing for me to totally ignore.
    Way ahead of you bud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    How about trying some modern pewter alloy that doesn’t have lead in it? My modern dinnerware pewter is around 22 to 21BH. Just use a big deep HP mold so you get some expansion at max 35 Rem velocity. Otherwise I would assume the petals of blow off with bismuth at full throttle velocities which also to me would be a good energy transfer.

I’m with everybody else about not using the same powder. Just toss and start over.
    That is a great idea, and I’m going to start researching that. Thank you.
    Just because it’s a bad idea…
    …. Doesn’t mean it won’t be a good time !

Quote Originally Posted by fatnhappy View Post
    Hey Ken,

Rep Marjorie Byrnes does a show onWYSL every Saturday. According to her the lead ban is buried in the budget.
    I just saw that, and dug a little deeper…
    The bill in NYS assembly passed, while the NYS Senate never got to it. Not a reality , this year, but could come back again, next year. I have been told that this is not the first year, some BS like this, has been in the works.

In the meantime, I have loaded up some Barnes TSX 180’s and some Bismuth alloy boolits , in both .358 and .359 The size issue is not so much for pressure, but for rifling grip. Like stated, Marlin’s micro groove barrels, have their issues, with fit and function.

Pressure is off now, of hitting the range, but I will post, once I set them free, down range.
    Just because it’s a bad idea…
    …. Doesn’t mean it won’t be a good time !

I grew up part time in Ulster county north west of Kingston and hunted most of my life in the Catskills and Adirondacks. I left in 1977, moved to Florida and never looked back.
    Regards,

Gary

Boolit Grand Master
    I grew up around Syracuse and left for a job back in '76. I'll never live in NY. Truly some of God's country in upstate, but the domination buy liberal elements has completely ruined the State. The areas along the St Lawerence, the Adirondacks, the Southern Terre ~ just beautiful. Another sad slip into tyranny.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123