MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Inline FabricationLoad DataWidenersLee Precision
Repackbox

Thread: Wowser!

Boolit Master

Wowser!

Waiting for Costco to open at 10 this morning so thought I’d walk through Cabela’s next door. And what to my wondering eyes did appear but a stack of eagle brand magnum shot, #8 and #7 1/2!!!
    Ran to get a buggy and got 4 bags at $60 each, cheaper than most. Also Winchester Super handicap had magically appeared, so got 4 of those at $38. More than I have spent at Cabela’s in 5 years but nothing bad to say about them today! I load birdshot for myself, 2 sons, 2 grandsons and a DIL. With what I’ve got loaded we’re good for dove and my clays shooting grandson this year.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master
    I never luck into those finds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I am glad to see that I'm not the only grandpa who runs a free ammo store! Great score. I was able to find some Longshot and I felt I won the lottery. Maybe things are finally getting caught up.
    Remember the Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by foesgth View Post
    I am glad to see that I'm not the only grandpa who runs a free ammo store! Great score. I was able to find some Longshot and I felt I won the lottery. Maybe things are finally getting caught up.
    Looks like I am worse off than forsyth: He is running a free ammo store; I am running a free ammo & AR-15 store this Summer for the Grandsons!! When they come to visit this summer we are going to do a first for me and them; Build AR-15's. I took the USMC correspondent course to become am "Armorer" about 48 years ago; so I should be "Good to Go", right?

Seriously; I bought each Grandson an Anderson Lower Receiver (on sale 4 years ago), and late last year bought Lower Parts Kits, and Upper Parts Kits that we will be assembling. Will also get them to reload the ammo they are going to shoot; and along the way teach them a little math associated with Firearms and Ballistics. "Practical Mathematics" in action is the goal. They like math, so this will take them into the world of practicality and out of the "Book Theory".

I am on the look out for .410 gauge uppers that they can use on the AR-15's when builds are completed.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Grand Master

I was at the LGS day before yesterday to pick up some H380 and saw some 7 1/2 for $135.00 a BAG!
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9E33A8B3-2BC9-403E-B14B-2277D85F437D.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	313402 This was his best ever, shot at a tournament last weekend. He’s 13 and shoots against high schoolers but finished 4th overall.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master

WOW! you guys are making me glad that I make my own shot!