Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingWidenersSnyders Jerky
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Taurus 605 Defender??

Boolit Buddy

Taurus 605 Defender??

Anyone have experience with this model? I haven't owned a Taurus in over 20 years but I'm aware they had a rocky few years in the QC department. All of the reviews for this model I read and watched on YT were very favorable.

The ladies in my life, wife & daughter, are wanting to add this to their range and HD list.

Thanks in Advance
    Cargo

Boolit Buddy
    I've had one for a few years.I really like it.
    Very tight all around.
    It has drawn blood on my right hand thumb shooting 357 magnum loads when my grip was squirrely...
    I had ordered one on line and when I went to my FFL, the cylinder was bound up (twisted) so that I couldn't open it. I rejected that one and took a chance when I found another one on line (for about 60 bucks less...during the pandemic).
    I was thrilled when this one arrived. Very good trigger single and double action.
    Sweet shooter with 38's,

ETA: Sorry, you were asking about the 605 defender model.
    Mine is the 2" version. Very concealable.
    Last edited by DanOH; 04-19-2023 at 04:09 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by DanOH View Post
    ETA: Sorry, you were asking about the 605 defender model.
    Mine is the 2" version. Very concealable.
    No worries, it's the same gun just different trim. My main concern is fit, function, and reliability.
    Cargo

Boolit Master
    I had an early model snub. Marked for 125gn .357mag.

Worked well, until....lots of .357mag loads. One of the screws inside backed out and locked up the gun. Cleaned and reassembled with loctite. Did it again. Reassembled with RED loctite. Still going ok. A relative has it now as their CCW. Never had to pull the sideplate again.

Mine had a wonderful trigger, which is why I bought it. Tried it at a gun shop and was shocked how smooth it was (late 80's). Bought it and then went back and bought an 85 for the wife. Same trigger. Not sure current models are as nice or even same design.

Sent from my SM-P613 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Had one from this year. Used it on Claude Werner’s online class for snubbies. After 2K snaps, the trigger is smooth as butter. Pistol used was 2” CC hammer version.

Looking at getting a TORO version with 3” after shooting my buddy’s. Taurus pistols are good to go.
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I'll second that, my G3C and 856 have been great. My only caveat would be, it may not be the best choice for a steady diet of .357's. If you really wanted to do that, a Ruger SP-101 would probably be the best choice.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.