Titan ReloadingRepackboxInline FabricationReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Wideners Load Data

Thread: Pacfic or Bair Shotgun/Rifle Press Parts?

Boolit Mold

Pacfic or Bair Shotgun/Rifle Press Parts?

I was lucky enough to win an auction on a website for a Bair Brown Bair H post press. Unfortunately, the seller didn't do a good job of packing and the operating handle was lost in the mail. So... looking for a source to find another. I think it's the same handle that Bair used on their Kodiak single stage press, and their progressive shotshell presses. Given the connection between Pacific and Bair, it looks like the same handle is on a Pacific DL-200 and DL-250 press, and on the Pacific Deluxe Pro and Multi-Power presses.
    The handle is just a 3/4" bar with a rubber grip, and I found that the bar/handle on a Rock Chucker or a CH Champion press will work on it, although they are both about 7-12 inches shorter.

Thanks, I'm a new poster, but have been following for years.

Boolit Buddy
    What about having someone thread a piece of 3/4" cold roll, or sucker rod, or some such someother 3/4" round stock, and put a rubber handle on it?

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by relics6165 View Post
    What about having someone thread a piece of 3/4" cold roll, or sucker rod, or some such someother 3/4" round stock, and put a rubber handle on it?
    Thanks for the response.
    That's the backup plan, if I can't find the original. If one isn't a machinist, where's the best place to look for round stock? Maybe I've got to learn how to order from Master-Mcarr...
    Does anyone know the length of the Brown Bair/Polar Bair/Pacific handles? Photos I've seen show it as considerably longer than the other H presses, like CH. It looks like the same length as the progressive shotshell machines.

Boolit Buddy
    Any local metal supply should have it, local scrap yards might have something, there are oil field sucker rods in 3/4", welding shops, machine shops, to start, it's on eBay.

If you go the machine shop route they could take a larger diameter rod, and turn a shoulder on it to fit your press, and thread it at the same time. It might be stiffer that way.

Boolit Grand Master
    Start with the right sized piece of rod stock to thread at the inboard end and you can go to your local bike shop for a handle… pick your color. Since they come in pairs you’ll have a spare you’ll probably never need!
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Buddy
    Gopher, my origional is 18 1/2 inches long, and 3/4 inch in diameter. The handle cap looks like a white girls bicycle handel bar grip cap. It is 4 inches long with raised half round molded surfaces on it. I have had mine for a few years and I expect my son to get it when the time comes for me to pass. Mine is my primary reloading tool, and it came with all the parts and primer tubes. Great old press from the 60's, just the way I like it.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by JMtoolman View Post
    Gopher, my origional is 18 1/2 inches long, and 3/4 inch in diameter. The handle cap looks like a white girls bicycle handel bar grip cap. It is 4 inches long with raised half round molded surfaces on it. I have had mine for a few years and I expect my son to get it when the time comes for me to pass. Mine is my primary reloading tool, and it came with all the parts and primer tubes. Great old press from the 60's, just the way I like it.
    It is an incredible press. Until I find what I want, a Rock Chucker handle I found as I was leaving a gun show, for $2, works fine.