Snyders JerkyWidenersInline FabricationRepackbox
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Missed gunshow

Boolit Master

Missed gunshow

Dang it, I missed out on the gunshow at Washington County Fairgrounds,Pa
    I swear it was coming up in May. Short term and long term memory loss at the same time!

Boolit Buddy
    That makes 2 of us!Im only 15 miles away from the fairgrounds .I really wanted to attend bummer

Boolit Master
    Yea can be a good show.

Dates

Jun 17th – 18th, 2023
    Sep 23rd – 24th, 2023

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy (punchie) View Post
    Yea can be a good show.

Dates

Jun 17th – 18th, 2023
    Sep 23rd – 24th, 2023
    I will hang up sticky pad notes all over the house,truck and won't miss the next show.Last year I found Red Dot,Cheddite primers and noble musket caps at a great price,to me anyway.Also a big box of older Handloader magazines

Boolit Buddy
    I’m going to make the June show

Boolit Master
    Usually a good show, the largest in W. Pa. I didn't go, but my buddy did. He didn't think it was as good as usual. Said there were less tables than the show in January, and more of them were knives and other non-gun items.

Boolit Master
    When I lived in Pa. 50 years ago, the best gun shows were in Greensburg.
    Do they still have them?
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuz View Post
    Do they still have them?
    Have been at a show in Monroeville Convention Center, not sure about Greensburg

I really try to hit the better Gun Shows, enjoy snooping around as much as anything. I was early in the door on one Saturday morning, an elderly gent was getting out of reloading. I came home with his Ohaus 1010, Forster case trimmer, Chrony, and a couple of part cans of powder, including some IMR 4759. I really wanted the Ohaus, and his prices were more than fair. Someday I will make it up to Sioux Falls, SD for their 'Big Show', hear good things about it. hc18flyer

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuz View Post
    Do they still have them?
    Show back in the 1980's was the Monroeville Expo mart 1200 tables and hours to wait to get it. Then around 1990 maybe 1994 it was over towards Greensburg in an old Gimbels or an old Joseph Horne's I'm setting here thinking back and drawing a blank at the name of that Mall. They were the Pennsylvania Gun Collector Ass. put them on. They PGCA was showing in Butler last. It was canceled again this spring.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy (punchie) View Post
    Show back in the 1980's was the Monroeville Expo mart 1200 tables and hours to wait to get it. Then around 1990 maybe 1994 it was over towards Greensburg in an old Gimbels or an old Joseph Horne's I'm setting here thinking back and drawing a blank at the name of that Mall. They were the Pennsylvania Gun Collector Ass. put them on. They PGCA was showing in Butler last. It was canceled again this spring.
    That was Westmoreland mall, and before that, PAGC shows were at the Mountainview Inn near Greensburg. Those PAGC shows at the Monroeville expo mart were fun. Took half a day to go through it. It's a shame, last year, their first show in Butler after the pandemic was pitiful. I wouldn't waste my time to go to another, and I live in Butler.

i went to a local gun show in Sharonville, OH yesterday and it was absolutely not worth it. The dealers must be smoking something illegal when looking at their prices. Primers between $90 and $150 for 1000, powders between $50 and $85 per pound, firearms higher than manufacturer MSRP, ammo prices at least 10% higher than at Cabelas or other local stores. Combine that with 40% of the tables being full with Chinese knives, survival cords, pants and shirts, these shows aren't worth any entrance fees and are more like a flea market. I highly doubt that I will go again. The only positive I got out of it was one dealer who had a fiber laser set up and could do a few NFA markings/engravings at a good price ($25 vs the "normal" $50 a piece).
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

Boolit Master
    Going to gun shows is a lot of work any more. Went to the one at the Phoenix fairgrounds yesterday. They have the 10 closed going through town. The detour was poorly described, with the AzDOT Facebook page showing a sketch map that looked like a 5-year-old drew it on a napkin with cartoon cars running along lines that weren’t legibly marked. The routes themselves just had “10 Detour” signs dropped at random in the breakdown lanes along the way, with arrows pointing left right or straight on them. And you'd better be in the correct lane to go in the direction, because you weren't going to cross many lanes (or even one) through the traffic before the critical junction came up. The overhead lit-up signs were more concerned with hectoring us about texting&driving than providing useful information; best was “Use alternate route.” Took the logical turns on the 202 and wound up almost to Goodyear before I could turn around. On the way back, I got duked onto a surface street running through Chandler; fortunately I crossed Queen Creek Rd eventually and found the freeway home.

The show was not crowded (obviously a lot of other people couldn’t find their way to it at all) but this didn’t help as now the fad seems to be to bring a stroller to push through the aisles, blocking traffic. In the stroller are a pair of chihuahuas or pugs or some other small size yap-yap dog. One stroller pusher had cleverly gotten one of those dog sweaters that said “Service Dog,” but the only “Service” going on was the owner pushing the stroller.

I give people in wheelchairs full breaks, and even sympathize with parents who have to take their kids along in a cart or stroller. I’ll even give someone with a cart full of stuff to sell a pass. Pushing dogs on a cart through a gun show, though, is beyond the pale.

However, I did find a set of loading dies I needed, a part for a SA Colt I was looking for, and a Davenport single-shot rifle, so I ain't quittin'! By the way, Miwall's primer prices have plunged to $76 a brick; encouraging.