RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad DataInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders JerkyWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buffalo meat hunt

Boolit Master

It was the Gemmen Ranch near Morley.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    $2500, 900 pound animal, 40% meat for 360 pounds meat average. That's under $7 a pound. That's comparable, if not cheaper than beef. And that's a healthier free range animal you get.
    Not quite as cheap as beef but thats a good price and you get everything. I have no idea how this ranch can justify $11-12/lb for straight burger or why someone would pay it but I guess somebody is buying it

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by reloader28 View Post
    Not quite as cheap as beef but thats a good price and you get everything. I have no idea how this ranch can justify $11-12/lb for straight burger or why someone would pay it but I guess somebody is buying it
    I didn't realize it was that much. In the grocery store today, frozen ground bison was $11 for a pound package. Yeah, definitely not cheap for ground anything. I was thinking more along the lines of steaks etc., which beef costs plenty for the good ones.

My, "Hunt" was several years ago, but at that time ground bison was $16.00 a pound at Safeway.
    480 lbs of meat and a European skull mount, I just about broke even. I didn't take the hide as it looked kind of shabby at the time of year I hunted.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerShooter View Post
    I'd need a bigger sausage stuffer. Bison and pork would probably make a darn good summer sausage.
    i make summer sausage out of deer and bear and cant tell the difference. id bet you could make it out of bobcat 0r porky and could tell a difference. ive ate enough bison burger to know am sure not wasting it making it into summer sausage

Boolit Buddy

There is also a Buffalo hunt on Antelope Island in the Great Salt Lake. It's a draw.
    But you better have deep pockets.
    Another one is near the Book Cliffs.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty or Safety. "
    Benjamin Franklin
    "Time to take Brandon to the train station"
    "The right of citizens to bear arms is just one guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." ~ Hubert H. Humphrey

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123