Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Load Data Repackbox
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 0-turn mower vs. tractor style mower

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I always wondered if those could tow stuff. That is a redneck setup if I've ever seen one and I salute you.

Meanwhile im using our $50 Craftsman DLT3000 bought at an estate sale to mow after our $100 Cub Cadet finally stopped after 10yrs.

New tires, belt and battery has it running like a top.
    Both of my Toros came with a trailer hitch. My old Timecutter 4235 has a small pin hitch for a small cart or trailer with no stated maximum weight, but I'm sure they expect it to be low. My new Z Master 2000 has a 2" receiver hitch, but a GTW of 250 pounds and no more than 49 lbs tongue weight. I'm sure you can go a little heavier without problems as long as you're not being ridiculous.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by TXTad View Post
    Both of my Toros came with a trailer hitch. My old Timecutter 4235 has a small pin hitch for a small cart or trailer with no stated maximum weight, but I'm sure they expect it to be low. My new Z Master 2000 has a 2" receiver hitch, but a GTW of 250 pounds and no more than 49 lbs tongue weight. I'm sure you can go a little heavier without problems as long as you're not being ridiculous.
    They did? 250lbs doesn't sound like much but a wagon full of leaves or something to spread lime isn't very heavy
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    If ya go with the zero turn that has the twin sticks.....you can't drink a beer while ya mow lol

Boolit Master

I just inherited a newer Husqvarna riding mower yesterday when my biological father passed. Horrible way to get a mower.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Sorry to you and your family 45guy.

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    They did? 250lbs doesn't sound like much but a wagon full of leaves or something to spread lime isn't very heavy
    It is not much. I had to read it twice to make sure it wasn't 250 kg, but it is not.

I suspect it can handle more if you're smart about it, but I bet it wouldn't take much trailer weight to cause major problems if you're trying to pull across a hill, so they went with a very conservative limit.

Boolit Mold
    If you buy a 42" zero turn do not buy the 10 or 11 hp engine. In tall or heavy grass will bog down, know this from using one. Sure wish that I had bought the 23 hp.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456