Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .22 ammo availability

Boolit Grand Master

.22 ammo availability

I was in the Academy store in Belton, MO yesterday, and they had more .22 ammo than I have seen in years. Several different types, and decent quantities on the shelves.

They even had my favorite squirrel and raccoon load the CCI .22 Short HP. I did almost have a heart attack at the cost $13 something for a box of 100.

Now to get my new pup accustomed to gunfire; he already likes to tree squirrels, doesn't bark treed though.

Robert

only thing available here still is exorbitant priced from scalpers
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

The big distributors like Midway, Sportsman's Guide, and J&G Sales seem to have an abundance of .22 ammo in stock now. Just yesterday one of them sent me a e-mail ad of 325 Federals for $20. Now if it was 500 for $15 we'd be getting back to pre-shortage days.

DG

Boolit Master

Just checked on Ammoseek for my favorite, Norma Tac 22 and a vendor there had it for $29.90 a brick plus shipping.

I'm now going to need therapy to get over my fear that "if I shoot it, can I ever replace it?".
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Grand Master
    The sad thing is with high priced ammo we probably wont be seeing tons of new shooters in the future.

I can remember buying lots off .22 ammo for between $8 and $20 a brick. Even more likely was a 50 round box of ammo on sale for less than a dollar.

Of course I started working for the neighboring 84 year old farmer when I was twelve for $2.00 an hour. 1976 or so. I learned lot of stuff from Harve over the next few years.

Robert

Boolit Master
    I'm still waiting for armscor 5000 case for $129 with free shipping and winchester 555 boxes and 500 dynapoints for $19.97 and minimag 100box for $7.99, thats what they were last time I stocked up before the election. I dont think I'll ever see cci quiets for $25 a brick from midway ever again. its just like the price of batteries, 3 or 4 years ago, I could buy a 1000cca battery for the $79 with 3 year warranty now the cheapest ones are about the $140-150

Batteries! I priced a new one for my 2009 Explorer a couple of weeks ago. I think that's why I'm now wearing a heart monitor.
    Cognitive Dissident

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    I'm now going to need therapy to get over my fear that "if I shoot it, can I ever replace it?".
    Yup. I did stock up with a bit of 22 LR and 22 Mag for around four cents and six cents (I think). I should be good but that thought is always in the back of my head.

I've got bricks going back to the first Clinton administration. Those are the ones I would treasure most if they weren't Thunderbolts. Stickers say $13 a brick. *sigh*
    Cognitive Dissident

The Walmart’s I frequent here in Central NYS have had 22 RF for a few months now.

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Walmart here has Remington 1440 count buckets for $86+ tax. Get em while ya still can, I guess.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

I stocked up on the cheap stuff on a Black Friday sale. They will probably be listed in my will.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

I can beat you all. Late 60's, I'd give my next door neighbor $3.15 when he was leaving for work at the Chevy transmission plant in Toledo. He was a setup man on second shift. Next day I'd have a brand new brick of Federal shorts to run through the Glenfield.

Problem is, I was making 50¢ an hour for every hour I spent behind the wheel on a tractor in the field.

And 0¢ per hour when I was helping grinding cattle feed, feeding and bedding the cattle and chickens. And gather eggs. And gather eggs. And gather eggs. 700 to 900 layers every year. Then wash eggs.

Then stamp each carton with farm name, size and grade. It's not just for advertising, it's the law.

Then fill the cartons. Never had to grade or candle the eggs, that was Dad's job.

But did listen to a whole lot of Ernie Harwell and the Tigers.

Glad I stocked up WELL from 2016-2019.

Still not that expensive, if I was still working, I suspect I could find a job that wouldn't take me 6 plus hours to buy a brick of shorts.

And all the sporting goods stores shelves in SE Michigan are groaning with about any 22 ammo you could want and the prices are coming down.

Prices are slowly coming down. Decent supply, you can find at academy and gun stores. Buy really not cheap. Nothing is. I do laser engraving, two or three years ago I felt bad about charging $10 or $15 to engrave an item or two. Now it's $20 to do anything. And I don't feel bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 15meter View Post
    I can beat you all. Late 60's, I'd give my next door neighbor $3.15 when he was leaving for work at the Chevy transmission plant in Toledo. He was a setup man on second shift. Next day I'd have a brand new brick of Federal shorts to run through the Glenfield.
    Since you put it that way, I can tell the story of riding bicycles down to the village in the mid-50s, (I would have been about 10), to buy shorts with pooled allowance money to run through a cousin's bolt-action single shot. 50 cents a box if I remember right. No silly age restrictions back then.
    Cognitive Dissident

Seems like the good ol' dayze might just turn out to be today.
    The .45-70 is the only government I trust.

Boolit Buddy
    i don't know what I am more nostalgic about , cheap 22lr prices or Ernie Harwell on the radio. My grandmother would listen to the game everyday. I knew the world was changing for the worse when they fired him for not being hip enough and selling more stuff. How can you fire a Hall of Fame announcer who has worked for you for 40+ years. No Class. I do miss getting CCI target loads for $1.35/50 also.

Boolit Master
    What Frank JD said ,and the smart ones will buy all they can afford and then some they can't /Ed

Was in our local fleet farm, looked at the .22lr but decided I had enough. I did buy 100 rounds of Federal .22mag at a decent price.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast